OCR01796 - Xenogears "Mechanical God: Create|Corrupt|Consume"

djpretzel

This is some nice stuff. I really liked the Banjo-Kazooie track (all the way back in 2008....I found that funny), and so I'm glad to hear that you're awesome just on your own. It sounds very nice too - I'm glad you were able to step up production, because the end result is quite delicious. Looking forward to more. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Nice intro I thought :P

A somewhat misleading intro.

I love the chunky rhythm guitar sound :D

The bass is lost in the mix tho, I can hear it, but I have to listen very hard.

I liked the panning on the leads, however, the lead sound didn't seem to quite fit with the sound, it sounded somewhat exposed imo :S

I love the source btw, its def suited to the style your working in.

I didn't think the drums flowed very well. You had plenty of variation in your drum patterns, but you didn't use fills to introduce the changes. They went from one pattern to the other without warning and it threw me off a little.

I don't know the source, but I liked the arrangement. Not perfect, but an enjoyable track, and worth the download :P

Nice work :nicework:

• 8 months later...

Expertly crafted buildup mix. It constantly reminds us that we are being led somewhere, and it's going to be crazy when we get there. And it certainly doesn't fall short, either.

The mix is at its best when it's utilising the layered guitars to their full capacity, and thankfully, that consists of a good portion of the mix. Certainly, the climax is an enlightening highlight, but there are several really awesome, powerful mini-climaxes sprinkled along the way. As far as the simpler, thinner sections like the intro and bridges went, they showed consistency and quality, but are obviously dwarfed by the very conventions they hold together.

I think this mix is all about the guitar, and the guitar sounds wicked. Heavier and more to the point than the norm; it's a hell of a ride. Recommended if you enjoy the contained-blast-of-metal-in-both-ears approach to game remixing.

• 1 month later...
It should probably be noted that my REJECTED version of this mix got posted instead of the version that I actually subbed and got passed.

There aren't really many production issues in the redo. I think someone messed up in the remix posting department.

Really? That has to be a first. Wonder what will happen now?

On that note, I love this remix either way. Nice energy and guitar playing. If OCR doesn't fix this then I'm interesting in having the final version. :)

• 8 months later...

Now we get to hear Neko's first original/solo remix. Nice atmosphere coming in at the beginning. The drums feel a little thin as do the power chords, however, it's all performed admirably well, especially the guitar. The lead has a great GREAT tone to it. It reminds me heavily of Fishy's first remix from Pokemon (that still hasn't been released yet, but soon). The crazy double kick pedal section was a nice touch and really drove the intensity up right before the breakdown. I love the meaty-ness of the power chords during the breakdown section. The tremolo on the high strings right at the end were very well done and added a layer of texture there that was great. All in all, a very good first sub from Justin!

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

This was the ReMix that lead me to this site in the first place... I think.

I kinda miss some parts of the original, but you stripped down Awakening and emphasized its triumphant side very effectively, and the inclusion of Omen feels really natural. The buildup is incredible. A very powerful and inspiring tune overall.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01796 - Xenogears "Mechanical God: Create|Corrupt|Consume"
  • 2 years later...