Pokémon Mystery Dungeon WIP

FASD330

Hi! I'm new to this community and I gotta say, I'm facinated with this whole concept of video game music arrangement.I'm new with this arrangement thing, but I tought I should probably listen to what others have to say.

Ok, so here's the deal, I don't know the name of the song yet but for now I'm calling it Run Away, it's still a wip AND the song comes from pokemon mystery dungeon from the GBA. I made this especially for relaxing so it has some kind of new age-y style:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5gq1xedne1l

Source:

All critics welcome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Holy mother of freaking pearl, how can nobody have commented?

Even though I played the game religiously, the source tune isn't the most memorable for me - your remix, however, was stunning. All of the tambre truly felt authentic and moving, and the saxophone was a nice touch to give it a unique feel. I truly LOVED it.

Now, this was like for the first half, but still, that's pretty good. By the end, however,I was feeling like the arrangement could've used some touching up. While the song is gorgeous, one really can't have a four-minute song without changing the tone more than you do. Even if you made it for relaxing, four minutes is too much, at least in my opinion. At around the two-minute mark, I was very ready to be hit with more powerful tambre, like some solid percussion. I was ready for the the tune's beauty to be presented in a more hard-hitting fashion. Unfortunately, the song's tone remained fairly the same for the last half.

Your song is nothing short of ethereally beautiful, but if I were you, I'd really try to have at least like a minute of a very dramatic, less gentle sort of mood towards the end. It would really make the song come out and grab you by the ping-pongs, which would really make it perfect to me.

I'm very sorry no one else commented - really that's criminal. I hope you don't give up, though - I definitely have my eye on this one.

I think this is a nice start, it might take a bit more poking at though to distinguish it more from the source.

I do agree that it could build up into something more for the middle, it feels like it's swelling up so far but doesn't quite make it before tying it all up. At the same time I feel like cautioning against going overboard with what it is built into.

This really reminds me of the ending of the main story, maybe it's the same song I dunno. (The end of the main story seriously made me cry, I'm such a pansy, but it really spoke to me). I hope you keep working on this and get something even more lovely to listen to out of it. (I also hope other people swing by to give it some feedback).