Tribes 2 has a new master server! And a FREE DOWNLOAD

OverCoat

Lol, this got me to go download it, I have been wanting to get a good FPS game. Thanks for tipping me off to this. Looks fun (and i dont have to worry about if my computer can handle it or not). Hopefully this doesn't die out anytime soon.

Considering I hear most people talk about how amazing Tribes 2 was as if it were God himself, it probably won't.

Dude. Meltdown 2 server. Greatest Tribes 2 mod ever. Now if only more people would play on that server... and if only this blasted fever would go away.

But yes, I did used to play Tribes 2, and when I saw this, I downloaded it and started playing it yesterday (I had forgotten player counts could go up to 64 in this game - seriously, it's over 5 years old and not a single other "great" game holds the capability of doing over 32 players (well, I have seen a TF2 server that had 36 players max)). Lock and load, suckers! (did I mention I suck at this game?)

THIS THREAD = WORKING? I think yes.

Well, the server was down the last time I was on (6-8 hours ago), so I don't know if it's back up or not. And I'm not referring to the Developer's server that only has 5 slots. So I tried some of the other mods (Revolution 2 and Fury)... and I have to say that Meltdown 2 pwns them both. Period. (Mitzi Blast Cannon mode 5 = Annihilator. HERE COMES THE SUN!!) Then I figured out how to fire the nukes and missile swarms off (they take a while to set up though, so if you're playing with low players, it might not be quite worth it). On the other hand, they were awesome (I didn't realize the nuke would fire that fast the first time I used it, so I kinda blew myself up along with everyone else).

Also, the Goon server is too crazy for me and I personally don't like how so many players were voice spamming (it got straight out annoying). Then there's a few retarded players there that decide to take aircraft and block the way to the inventory stations (if that was one of you people, I apologize - it was kinda funny actually. Though I was forced to ctrl+K (suicide)). At least it's fun in that there's always a lot of people on both sides.

How to be absolutely retarded in the meltdown server - you can have up to 8 spider clamps and up to 8 landspikes (map was Sanctuary). So I made a teleporter to get behind their base (there was a mountain in the way of seeing it). Then I placed a standard inventory station right next to their wall. From there, I started placing spider clamp turrets on the interior of their base and next to their generators. So uhh... they couldn't repair the generators, couldn't change classes, and as a result, it took them forever to kill the spider clamp turrets. I stopped rebuilding them after a bit of time, though I nuked the base later.

There was only myself, someone on the other team, and six bots when I did this (I knew the person on the other team, so it wasn't too bad).

Also, you'll see me around as [OCR]WindStrike.

How to be absolutely retarded in the meltdown server - you can have up to 8 spider clamps and up to 8 landspikes (map was Sanctuary). So I made a teleporter to get behind their base (there was a mountain in the way of seeing it). Then I placed a standard inventory station right next to their wall. From there, I started placing spider clamp turrets on the interior of their base and next to their generators. So uhh... they couldn't repair the generators, couldn't change classes, and as a result, it took them forever to kill the spider clamp turrets. I stopped rebuilding them after a bit of time, though I nuked the base later.

There was only myself, someone on the other team, and six bots when I did this (I knew the person on the other team, so it wasn't too bad).

Also, you'll see me around as [OCR]WindStrike.

I saw you :3

Awesome. I've been playing this game off and on for the last year or so and it has yet to get old.

My username is "(V)arine" (I made my account years ago and apparently I thought "(V)arine" was cool at the time... what an idiot I was) and I'll be easily recognizable as either the crazy light armored guy who skis around annoying people with the ELF/Shocklance/Whiteout Grenade combo or the heavily armored guy mortaring your base from 500 miles away with deadly accuracy.

Just an fyi, you'll only see me around Solofire's Meltdown 2 server (unless it's undergoing fixes like it has once). And then I often go shocklance, chaingun, spinfusor and cloaking pack and screw a bunch of people over (someone has learned how to spot me, but half the time, it's too late). Occasionally, I'll head in with a mitzi blast cannon (Meltdown 2 mod) instead of a chaingun.

I also go in with an Assault armor using chaingun, spinfusor, starburst cannon (Meltdown 2 mod), tether missile launcher (I forgot if this is actually in original Tribes 2 or not) and some sort of pack.

And when the map changes to Sanctuary, prepare to see turrets start popping up in your base about ten minutes into the game.