OCR01797 - Chrono Trigger "Chrono Moonstone"

djpretzel

I have yet to hear a CT remix I don't like. Piano and drums is a favorite combo of mine so I enjoyed this track. There's a bit of an urgency in the piano that is a little unsettling in a couple of spots, but nothing that keeps me from liking the track. I really like the transition that comes around 3:50. Nice job!

No way! It's Trigger Chrono! This makes my night... nay, it should make the night of anyone who has not yet heard this incredible work.

My initial response when listening to this many weeks ago on vgmix was something like: wow, this piano is so incredibly far beyond my abilities I can't even scratch the surface of the appreciation it deserves. To give another esoteric compliment: I've kept in touch with an undergrad friend who's in the same league as Shnabubula with regard to piano talent and this was one of the four/five remixes I randomly sent him and with this he said something like: 'this is some damn good jazz piano... pacing, balance, this is really good... this is staying on my hard drive.'. He didn't know Chrono Trigger (not a gamer) so his basis of comparison was the gamut of other musical pieces. I'll keep working on him to compose a remix to give you some more competition, Shnabubula :P.

Phenomenal piano and solid drumming (I'll leave that complimenting to the drummers in the audience). Brilliant interpretation. Instantly one of the best pieces on ocr.

I have the WIP of this saved somewhere, and I love the completed version. Really awesome jazz piano, and the drumwork slots in just right. The second half where the piano and drums trade off really adds some shine. Just enough original stuff to get you really grooving for the last time through the melody. Great job.

I'm with djp on this one - we need more jazz, especially live (although not live is perfectly acceptable, and in fact encouraged). It's nice to know that while I'm still wallowing in the "I'm not ready to do this yet" phase of my progress towards becoming a ReMixer, there's some WONDERFUL stuff coming out.

I'm really digging this track. The opening is simply lovely, but then when the drums come in you settle into a nice groove and it just...clicks. Excellent on both your parts - moar, plz.

These guys are jazz geniuses. I wouldn't necessarily list jazz as one of my favorite genres, but when it's done right, it's amazing. I loved their CV3 ReMix as well, and this one is another gem in my collection. Loved the piano (I always love the piano). It's great to see something else from these guys.

Upbeat improv jazz is my bloody favourite. This is, without a doubt my favourite Remix on this site (and I've been here for many years)

I've always wanted to learn Bass Guitar too, btw ;)

LSD: PLEASE give me more of the same. Perfect song choice, perfect execution

I love this damn song.

i listened alot to this track already, as many others under the name Trigger Chrono .-. from VGMix .. BUT i can't say it enough - It's my favorite CT Remix of all time, so perfect - i just wish it wasn't just SD involved .. i'd love that last (first) L to show me some awesomeness aswell..

great work Dustin and Sam - you guys are absolute WIN :-D

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01797 - Chrono Trigger "Chrono Moonstone"