OCR01797 - Chrono Trigger "Chrono Moonstone"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The initial seconds made me think they had incorporated Zelda 3 dungeon music.

I would have been happy even if only the first minute was posted as a mix. What follows is just amazing. These jazzy takes on seemingly overused sources really say a lot about the quality of musicians on this site.

The drum solos seemed out of place at first, but, now that I've listened to it umpteen times, they keep the whole thing fresh and unpredictable.

Very slick.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Had this one in my playlist since it was released and it really does stand out from the crowd in a good way.

Technically impressive and more importantly - creative playing on both instruments - makes this something a little more interesting than the average remix and gives a sense of unpredictability without alienating the listener.

My only complaint with this is the slightly piercing piano which makes this a little hard to listen to at loud volumes, but in all seriousness, this is the most minor of nitpicks.

Not sure what to say other than download it right now. Even if you think you hate improvisational jazz, give this one a go, you just might be surprised by how much you like it :P

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01797 - Chrono Trigger "Chrono Moonstone"