Dedede work in progress

hewhoisiam

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ce473a662fb0a1a2d2db6fb9a8902bda

Well, it's a start. I started out with a Dreamland 2 idea. Then branched into Super Star and SSBB. Problem is, I don't like the way this is working. It doesn't flow or go anywhere. It doesn't really build. It's just kinda crap as far as having direction. I did add a guitar part to change things.

SO, I'm trying to decide if I can salvage it or if I should scrap it. This is something like the 4th rendition of it because I'm still learning to use the software. It's slightly mixed in regards to panning and eq. But I'm not sure what I want to do now.

Er. lemme summarize: This is crap, how do I fix it?

EDIT: I uploaded the wrong damn MP3! I'm scrapping this anyway though so I'm not bumping this topic or re uploading. Just a note to anyone who stumbles upon it later.

Your instrumentation isn't all that different from the source you linked. Your song is more repetitive than the source. You can't just repeat the main theme and expect us to be entertained for a minute and a half.

The sound quality of the high pitched instrument at 0:52 isn't good quality.

Experiment with the song, try different things, steal from other parts of the source, and be more original.

Overall, it's very enjoyable, but has critical flaws as mentioned above.

1:49 - 2:12 had a TERRIBLE synth goin' on there. Please remove or change it so it works harmonically, at least... Sorry, had to get that out.

Anyhoo, it's alright, in general. I have to agree with Splinter here, the instrument at 0:52 just doesn't cut it. It needs reverb, EQ, or something to make it sound like a trumpet there (perhaps better samples?). The guitar didn't work for similar reasons. Try tweeking the modulation or something to make it sound more human.

Where's the other half of the song? You really need to include the other half of the source - it is lacking without it. It'll help with the general repetitiveness of the piece in general. Besides, everyone knows it's the best part :P.

Personally, I like the sort of chiptun-ish parts of it, but I'm not sure the J's will without really bringing the other instruments in immediately. Otherwise, the listener will get lost 2:23 - 2:37, thinking the song ends before they should.

Without a better way of saying it, the EQ is muddy, but I think you knew that, so that's that on that.

As I said before, in general, it's not bad, but it certainly not OC material, either. It'll take alot of work on your end to get it up to speed, so if it's worth it, good luck!