Looking for two remixes

ChronoSquare

I'm trying to find two remixes that I found on OCR several years ago, but for whatever reason can't find them now.

The first is a remix from Super Mario 64, very haunting and twisted, incorporating the merry-go-round and haunted house themes, at least. There was one more, I forget what. The absence of this mix confuses me, because on the Super Mario 64 page it still lists the tracks used in mixing it, yet it has no link. (I know this has happened to a few other game titles, which are listed yet contain no actual remixes.) What happened to it?

The other is less specific, because I don't remember exactly where it came from. I could've sworn it came from the Doom remix project, but looking at the site again and I'm not seeing what I remember from when I got it - a link to each song and progress, and interesting notes about the remix. I do remember the remxier stating that it was all done with strings, with the pitch being tweaked considerably to create drums and similar sound effects.

I've already looked (listened?) through the Doom remix project, not there, but I swear I remember the song being something from Doom. However, I recall my friends listening to it and commenting it sounded like nothing from doom... I wanna say Doom 3 it might've been from?

And forgive me if I'm putting this in the wrong section, I didn't see a board where this sort of question would fit and thought a place for requesting remixes would be good to put a request to find already-made remixes...

http://www.ocremix.org/info/ReMix_Changelog

(from Lockdown 2)

OCR00223 - Super Mario 64 'Haunted Hell (IncuCujoKondoD.Bros. Mix)'

* Reason: WAV rips + The Dust Brothers' "What is Fight Club?" + Amon Tobin's (Cujo's) "Cruzer" + Vince Guaraldi Trio's "Christmas Time is Here" + assorted sampled movie clips, author admits to it being so.

We've had 2 Doom series removals:

(from Lockdown 1)

OCR00027 - Doom 'E1M1'

* Reason: MIDI rip with instruments changed.

(from Lockdown 2)

OCR00333 - Doom 2 'Monster Condo'

* Reason: MIDI rip + atmospheric sounds.

Look for those at OC ReMoved and see if you hit paydirt: http://www.doulifee.com/Storage/OC_Removed/

• 1 month later...

Look for those at OC ReMoved and see if you hit paydirt: http://www.doulifee.com/Storage/OC_Removed/

Thanks for posting this link!

I switched out harddrives on my computer over Christmas break and for some reason all but a handful of the OC Remix files I had were never transferred over. So I came back here (I haven't been to this site since, like, 2004), downloaded the two torrents, yet I noticed a few of my old favorites (Starfox "Space Trip", Diablo "TheSinWar", and StarCraft "Easily Amused") were nowhere to be found. But thanks to that link, I can have them again!

My only question now is, where can I get that Mortal Kombat tune that used to be up on here? It isn't on OC Removed either.