OCR01043 - Metal Gear Solid 2 "Electric Gear Solid"

djpretzel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I can see why this split the panel at the time, though I probably would have leaned against it had I been on it. I liked a lot of the instrumentation ideas here, but felt they could have been pulled off more strongly, plus the arrangement being so conservative was the main kicker here. Still, for it's time, a very cool track and still a unique approach sonically.

• 2 years later...

Interesting start in the intro- I wasn't sure where the track would go. My guess was that it'd either it'd pick up hard, or keep the midtempo feel, and it didn't really do either, and opted for something in between. Interesting that it did so, because I think it would have been more effective choosing a side, rather than trying to join them together as such. It seems like the old school judges were similarly torn on the weak arrangement VS nice samples, so maybe it's this mix's destiny to forever divide people.

It's competently done, but not super creative.

• 2 years later...

Man I remember hearing this back when I was like 12!

I had even burned this to a CD at my public library where I first downloaded it, because I didn't have internet at home.

Would listen to it all the time.

The intro still gets me, and I still think the arrangement is pretty awesome despite what anyone says. It has some really great sounding synth work and has a good feeling to it all.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01043 - Metal Gear Solid 2 "Electric Gear Solid"