Noob question: "Seiken_Densetsu_3_Meridian_Afternoon_Tea_OC_R emix .mp3"

Mini-Me

Hi! I just registered tonight after about a decade of casually leeching remixes. Since this is my first post, I should probably mention up front that I'm an entirely talentless noob, and I'll probably never have the ability to contribute anything of value to this site. So, ummm...sorry. :tomatoface:

Anyway, I'm going through my old music and cleaning up the ID3 tags and such, and I came across something that interested me:

I have a file named "Seiken_Densetsu_3_Meridian_Afternoon_Tea_OC_Remix.mp3." It's an old mix that mutagene made sometime prior to September 22, 2001 at 4:18:12 AM (the modification date ;-)), and it still has the old http://www.remix.overclocked.org comment in its metadata. The interesting part is:

• It's no longer on OC Remix.
  • It's not mentioned at all in the remix changelog, and it's not at the OC Removed site, either.
  • In fact, my nearly omniscient friend Google doesn't even know any remix of the sort ever existed.

This mix seems to have vanished from the entire Internet - except for my own computer - without a trace, and I'm halfway wondering if I'm breaking some kind of taboo by mentioning it. ;-) Does anyone have any idea why this mix in particular fell into a black hole?

My best guess is that this was an especially short-lived remix, and back in the old days (sometime before the OCR01000 lockdown), maybe nobody really bothered keeping track of which remixes were removed from the site or why. Of course, I guess it's possible that it was just mislabelled as an OC Remix, too (although the filename naming convention, URL in the ID3 comment, and the author's name all indicate it was probably on the site at one point). Am I off the mark here? The thing is, I'm now wondering just how many other mixes might have fallen through the cracks.

Anyone have some insight? Thanks!

Thanks, guys. I was going to upload the file to a hosting site and post a link as HalcyonSpirit suggested, but I guess that's not necessary, since Liontamer and zircon seem to know which mix I'm talking about. I wonder where I actually came across it? I don't think I even knew at the time that people linked to their WIP's on the forum...weird. Hopefully mutagene won't come knocking on my door asking for his WIP back. It's really pretty enjoyable (even if there were probably good reasons it wasn't posted on the site). ;-) Anyway, it's good to know that a whole bunch of real OC Remixes haven't fallen into a black hole, though. :-)