OCR00345 - Streets of Rage 2 "Da Streets"

Saunders

• 8 months later...

While smooth and mellow as Saunders says, there is also that element of chill brought out by that wonderful flute sounding sample, similarly experienced in feeling with what Avien's FF3 'Winds of Eternity' brings (see what people are raving about it here).

2:00 is my favorite part, as it strays into another melody, and is a nice change from the rest. I've never played the game but I've heard some of the original music, and all of it is exactly the opposite of this genre. Therefore much must have been done with this, and with the FF3 'Mix sounding similar, we can tell Avien sure likes this type of music!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow I really love this song. I'm glad you took one of the few slow/sad songs and made a jazzmix out of it, instead of using one of the upbeat themes. The sax is very good in this, and the strings in the background are very nice too! This was one of my favourite themes anyway so Kudos on making such a superb mix for it!!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

While I really appreciate this mix's methodicalness, pacing, and mood, I don't really care for the saxophone samples nor really the sound scape itself. It doesn't really feels like it does a whole lot, not quite exactly spinning its wheels but... I dunno. Maybe this track just isn't clicking with me. The ending is especially blah with the sax repeating itself over and over.

Anyway, I personally don't really care for this track.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00345 - Streets of Rage 2 "Da Streets"