*NO* Final Fantasy 10 'To Zanarkand' *FT*

Protricity

this is a song for FFX

it's called "To Zanarkand"

I am sorry I have not been submitting enough songs to you, I have just been soo bussy with school DJP. please try to post this as soon as you can. I made this song just for OC mixes DJP. I hope you enjoy the hard trance beat, (and just call it "hard trance mix")

thanks

-Haroon

P.S. this is a real submittion :)

I think he was addressing DJP.

indeed...dave has mentioned to me neumerous times that he's upset with haroon because of his lack of recent mixes.

anyway. this mix is the melody played with some goofy syncopation. drums are simple as can be, there is no harmony to speak of, and the bassline makes some questionable changes to the actual progression.

NO

Indeed this song has no melody at all. Its a very octive-based simplistic rendition of the original with the typical simplistic beats. I was waiting for something to happen, a dramatic pause, a change in style, a melodic shift, anything. Nothing happened but 3 minutes of repeating. The synths aren't even that good this time. The thing that really got me though is that even with all the template programming, this song lacks the real movement and motivation commonly found in this genre.

NO

Besides the grating synths and poor percussion, the big no-no is here is hardly any variation on the original melody. The mix sounds as if Zanarkand's chords were sliced into separate, alternating tracks to create movement between A and B sections. There is a little added harmony with backdrop programmed FX, but little else beyond that; progression is pretty stale.

Not much of a rearrangement, trance-wise or not. NO

ari, what where you thinking putting this up as a fallthru?
Probably: "Hmm, I think I'll put this up as a fallthru".

More realistically, I'm starting to be of the impression that posting potential NOs as fallthrus during times of .. lets say ... general inactivity isnt really a bad thing. During these times, I think we should just post all fallthroughs we get, regardless of whether we think they will fail or not.