Fruity Loops Audio Rendering. Figure it out here!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it just takes a long time to get a hint on the rendering process in fl studio. Here's is what I've figured out from many MONTHS (yes months, it took me that long) of searching. First,

Set the file to WAV then do 16 bit or 32 bit, 16 seems like it doesn't like loud notes, my suggestion is 32 because that recently has gotten me to places. Next is the wrap, cut, and leave bar.

WRAP: if your planning a loop to be done in fl studio for say -a flash game menu- Then pick this IF you want the reverb to stay while it loops(pretty much not sounding cut when the song restarts)

CUT: No reverb at the remainder here, just like starting the song all over as if it's the first time listening to it. Pretty much, the song will end abruptly if you don't put a no-note. (I had to come up with something)

Leave Remainder: This is for songs that are full and don't end by going straight back to the beginning. You want this choice if you want your songs to end like they do on OcReMix.

no-note-(working title): This is for songs that end on the line. a no-note is a note that doesn't play, yet it's there to just end the song in a drifting way. You put it in the beat ahead of your ending, then change the velocity to 0%. Simple as that.

Quality

Linear: Very Low quality, but downloads very fast. Use for quick touches.

6 Point Hermite: Is just a little slow than linear, yet it has better quality. Use this for listening to the song without the long wait.

64-point Sinc: This is for higher quality and slower downloads. An interpolation method for sampler channels.

128-point Sinc(ocremix quality): This is slow, and conveys great detail.

256 - 512: SLOW AS HELL! even if it takes hours to render, just hang on, IT IS RENDERING. Go play Xbox or something because these are VERY HIGH QUALITY AND VERY SLOW.

Quality options

Dithering: If there is a high point in the song and you chose 16bit, then this will take care of it for you.

Alias-free TS404: This works for Alias, I don't know it's agency but it works for the song somehow.

HQ(high quality)for all plugins: Of course your going to pick this. You'd be retarted if you didn't.

Disable max poly: This is for many notes playing at once. It will stop distortion from happening at the time, and will "keep it clean"

Options

Split mixer tracks: A good guess would be that it splits the channels to be played separately, as if rendering only one part of the song, except you did it all at once.

Save ACIDized: For the file to be used in further production in Sonic Foundry's ACID.

Save slice markers: For further editing if anything was sliced.

Delay Compensation: Enable PDC. I have no idea... Google it and you will get government funds.

Last important thing

If you have your song on the playlist (the thing with the long squares that puts the music from different patterns into one) make sure that your :Pat: Is off and on :Song:

If you have everything setup lie a midi would be, then pick :pat:

:Pat: stands for pattern and :song: stands for the playlist with all the long square and the long list of pattern selections.

pattern1

pattern2

pattern3

pattern4

pattern5

and so on... It's THAT whole rig plus the thing above it.

i dont get how polyphony has anything to do with distortion. :sleepzzz:

Absynth lowers the volume of each note depending on the polyphony.

1 note = 40 db. 2 notes is 43 db. (twice the loudness = approx +3 db). 4 notes is 46 db. And so on, until you hit the ceiling.

Another option is that with a wonky soundcard the computer or buffer shits its pants - albeit that is something that shouldn't happen when rendering, when your computer has enough time to figure out what the sum of 93158 sinewave notes is.

I'm pretty sure disable max poly just disables the maximum amount of polyphony on all channels and plugins, otherwise when max poly is reached, notes start to cut out as other notes take up their spots. Some people set a max poly when working to save cpu, but then they'd disable it for the render just in case they would lose notes. As for audio rendering, I just put it to mp3 and hit start.

There's a lot of misinformation here. I appreciate the effort, but it's not good to spread incorrect facts.

Dithering: If there is a high point in the song and you chose 16bit, then this will take care of it for you.

This is just completely inaccurate. By default, FL's mixer runs at a high bit rate, which simply means that all the audio summing and mixing is at a high resolution. When you export your file to put it on a CD or in MP3 format, by default it becomes 16 bit, which is standard resolution, but slightly lower than FL's mix engine resolution. Without getting too technical, "dithering" just enhances the conversion, and while there's no harm in checking this off, most people aren't going to be able to tell the difference.

Alias-free TS404: This works for Alias, I don't know it's agency but it works for the song somehow.

No idea what you're talking about here. The TS404 is a built in synth in FL. "Aliasing" is an undesirable effect in some digital synthesizers that creates distortion and unwanted harmonic noise at high frequencies. So, alias-free TS404 removes this effect on the TS-404 only if you're using that synth in your project. Most people don't even use this synth anymore, but if you are, switch it on.

Disable max poly: This is for many notes playing at once. It will stop distortion from happening at the time, and will "keep it clean"

You're completely off. "Disable max poly" simply removes any limitations on the maximum number of voices that can be played simultaneously. If you have a really dense project, and you DON'T have this option checked, then as Zephyr said, FL will start cutting notes out.

Save ACIDized: For the file to be used in further production in Sonic Foundry's ACID.

No, an "ACIDized" file just means that it is written with certain metadata, like tempo, which MANY programs (obviously including ACID) can read, namely beatslicers.

Delay Compensation: Enable PDC. I have no idea... Google it and you will get government funds.

Some plugins have innate latency, such as linear phase EQs and convolution reverb. This option means FL will try to deal with that automatically, however in my experience it doesn't always work.

Lastly, The interpolation has NOTHING to do with download speed. Not sure where you got this from? It's also basically useless to go above 64-point sinc, and debatably above 6-point hermite, as these only make a difference in quality if you're repitching a lot of stuff within FL's engine (ie. with FL Sampler.)

This is just completely inaccurate. By default, FL's mixer runs at a high bit rate, which simply means that all the audio summing and mixing is at a high resolution. When you export your file to put it on a CD or in MP3 format, by default it becomes 16 bit, which is standard resolution, but slightly lower than FL's mix engine resolution. Without getting too technical, "dithering" just enhances the conversion, and while there's no harm in checking this off, most people aren't going to be able to tell the difference.

I thought dithering helped get rid of little clicks and pops when mixing down. Or is that what you meant? Or am I way off. Sorry. Haven't been to school in a while. Cant wait to go back in Feb.

• 10 months later...

Hi guys, when I play my fruity loop creation in fruity loops it sounds great, but when I export as wav or mp3 with the highest quality settings, it sounds distorted and not loud enough, some channels sound like they have been lowered, so you can barely hear them, ... what can I do to make it sound better :( is there any export setting to make it sound just like it does in fruity loops??

Hi guys, when I play my fruity loop creation in fruity loops it sounds great, but when I export as wav or mp3 with the highest quality settings, it sounds distorted and not loud enough, some channels sound like they have been lowered, so you can barely hear them, ... what can I do to make it sound better :( is there any export setting to make it sound just like it does in fruity loops??

Please don't repost the same thing in multiple places, it's just annoying...

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=614301&posted=1#post614301