Possible New Zelda Aler--BZZT FALSE ALARM

Bleck

Well if its a time-traveling Zelda game there's no reason we can't have both a modern and fantasy Zelda game. Infact, why just two time-worlds? Old-now-future settings...

I'd have to side with this not being a Zelda title though With how TP felt and crushed my hopes I'm not sure I want a new one.

I find it hard to believe how Twilight Princess could've crushed anybody's Zelda hopes. The game played it quite safe as far as its visual presentation was concerned, and on top of that, it was actually and not-so-surprisingly a great game.

We all have different opinions, but I don't think I've encountered anyone before who's mentioned having their hopes "crushed" by Twilight Princess.

Wind Waker, I can understand. Fantastic game, don't get me wrong, but WW rocked the boat and alienated people much more than TP ever could've hoped.

so looking at the fabled clock at a little closely,

but what if you turned the clock around its center? so that the top being the full triforce. "the bottom right" would be turned to be upright and thus being the triforces of courage and wisdom. and the clock being turned once more for the "bottom left" to be on top and you have the triforce of Power all alone.

I also don't know what to think about this site, but this analogy works because [spoilerS}In Twilight Princess Zant killed off Ganon and the Triforce of Power finally faded from his hand,{/SPOILER}

Anyway, I'm not the most fluent japanese translator, but here's what I came up with

Page Description

謎の時計がマーベラスエンターテイメント公式サイトに登場! 新しいゲームが、新たな時を刻む

The mysterious clock by Marvelous Entertainment official site's introduction. A new game, for a new era(?).

Page Title

乞うご期待

Request anticipation(?)

* 乞う 【こう】 (v5u-s,vt) to ask; to request; to invite; ED

* 期待 【きたい】 (n,vs) expectation; anticipation; hope; (P); EP

Honestly though, I'm leaning towards this not being a new Zelda. It seems Miyamoto usually likes to be in the presence of fans when a new game is revealed to gauge their excitement level/watch grown men cry and piss their pants.

I'm gonna have to agree with Bleck that hasn't isn't the same as won't. I mean just look at it. foreboding broken triforce symbols within a triangle, clock that won't count a full minute, and totally random (but all-important) item (feather). This thing SCREAMS "Legend of Zelda: The Clock Feather"... well, it'll probably sound better than that, but whatever...

I also don't know what to think about this site, but this analogy works because [spoilerS}In Twilight Princess Zant killed off Ganon and the Triforce of Power finally faded from his hand,{/SPOILER}

Did we play the same game or is there a super secret version where what you said happen when you finish the game by not getting to the final boss fight?

Seriously?

That is what happened in your mind?

Wasn't who you said it was, he died in the previous dungeon, waiting for Ganon to revive him. It was an ancient one, one of the people who banished Ganon. The Triforce vanished because Ganon no longer had any power. In OoT, the Triforce appeared at specific times, mostly before a fight.

This ending is straigh forward:

Ganon is vanquished, the triforce moves on to find a new carrier, and the dudes who allowed Ganon to escape finish the job, causing this to be the first confirmed kill of Ganon.

Ganon is vanquished, the triforce moves on to find a new carrier, and the dudes who allowed Ganon to escape finish the job, causing this to be the first confirmed kill of Ganon.

Not really. Ganon died in the original Legend of Zelda game - the whole purpose of Zelda II is his followers trying to revive him using the blood of the hero (Link). Hence why Ganon pops up on the Game Over screen, because Link's death means Ganon is brought back successfully.

ganon_icon.jpg

</nitpick>

Wasn't who you said it was, he died in the previous dungeon, waiting for Ganon to revive him. It was an ancient one, one of the people who banished Ganon. The Triforce vanished because Ganon no longer had any power. In OoT, the Triforce appeared at specific times, mostly before a fight.

Ah, I didn't get it until I read the wiki article on it.

[spoilerS]After battling, Link drives the Master Sword into Ganondorf. Ganondorf stands, impaled, believing the Triforce of Power will save him. However, the image of the Triforce fades from his hand, leaving him to die. Because Zant's life had been tied to Ganondorf, Zant dies as well.[/spoilerS]

Not really. Ganon died in the original Legend of Zelda game - the whole purpose of Zelda II is his followers trying to revive him using the blood of the hero (Link). Hence why Ganon pops up on the Game Over screen, because Link's death means Ganon is brought back successfully.

ganon_icon.jpg

</nitpick>

Well, in the order of game released, yes, in the chronological order, well, it was the first indication that Ganon had been reborn. He was cast out, petrified and so on, but never outright killed until TP, and he was killed once again in LoZ.

EDIT: Also, I always felt that the sorcerer in Link's adventure was ganon trying to become a pig demon again, but that was just my opinion...

I am totally opposed to future/modern Zelda ideas. If you want modern adventure then go play GTA. The "old world" setting of the Zelda series is part of its charm and its essence, and I don't want to picture a Hyrule with skyscrapers and electrical gadgets. I already live in that world.

Changing the gameplay and the now-redundant storyline would be nice. A little less linearity, like the first three Zelda games, and Oblivion, would be good too. And maybe a little less catering to OoT fanboys. Like some have already mentioned, Twilight Princess felt like a repeat (a damn good repeat, but still).

Back to the point - Do I think this is a new Zelda game?

I certainly don't have a clue, so I'm not even going to guess. Where'd I put my beer?

In LttP, it wasn't clear if he was actually killed. You know, older (even some newer) games can never really be clear on that, especially if the death scene is just an explosion. He could have simply been defeated. In LoZ and AoL, however, the game makes it very clear that Ganon is dead and his ashes are all that are left. And then again in TP, it's very clear that he's dead.

If anyone believes in the split timeline theory, then it could make sense that each game could happen at the end of each timeline.

In LttP, it wasn't clear if he was actually killed. You know, older (even some newer) games can never really be clear on that, especially if the death scene is just an explosion. He could have simply been defeated. In LoZ and AoL, however, the game makes it very clear that Ganon is dead and his ashes are all that are left. And then again in TP, it's very clear that he's dead.

If anyone believes in the split timeline theory, then it could make sense that each game could happen at the end of each timeline.

Right about that. Also, we have the Oracle series to think about. Ganon was revived from the dead in the true ending of those games...so the game before the Oracles chronologically has to involve Ganon being killed. Since the Oracle series' timeline placement is extremely vague, then it's up to anyone's guess. I personally like to place them after A Link to the Past, assuming that Ganon was killed in that game. Although a cooler placement for the Oracles would be after Zelda II.

Ah, gotta love how confusing the Zelda Timeline is.

Also, here's two interesting bits from the Wikipedia entry of 'Link's Crossbow Training':

The idea of a first-person The Legend of Zelda title started with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which Miyamoto wanted to develop in the first person, although the inclusion of a child Link got in the way of this.
Choosing which game to use the Wii Zapper with proved to be difficult. Because the project was due to the ideas of The Legend of Zelda staff, Miyamoto wanted to be in the The Legend of Zelda universe, although some staff argued that giving Link a gun would be too strange. Miyamoto proposed a Terminator-style plot about a time warp to the future, but the idea was vetoed immediately.

Obviously, Miyamoto has had some interesting ideas relating to the Zelda games in the past, but hasn't been able to really make them come to fruition.

And as seen in the second quote, Miyamoto himself is not opposed to the idea of a Zelda game incorporating futuristic elements.