Possible New Zelda Aler--BZZT FALSE ALARM

Bleck

So, unless somebody proves me wrong that it's counting down to midnight in whatever timezone the viewer is in, using the system time, are we to think that there's going to be a staggered release of something? That doesn't sound like a very good way to announce a video game... :/

Can somebody confirm or deny that it's taking the computer's system time?

EDIT: CAXXXXX the above, I messed with my clock and yeah, it's synched with the system clock. I set my clock to 11:59 PM, January 22, and watched the counter roll down from 60. when it hits the end, it just says "comming soon..." (sic). I loves me sum engrish. I, for one, expect whatever's COMING of this to appear on the site at 12 AM, Japan-time, on the 23rd. That's what, thursday morning in the states? That is assuming that the counter is actually counting down to a time and not just the date. So expect this sometime between now and March...

We know. Actually, Miyamoto in Nintendo Power has gone on record saying the Triforce emblem is a Shinto symbol and is seen occasionally around Japan in its proper context. So in fact, the religion's use of the so called Golden Triangles has been around considerably longer.

That said, I do think the developers were doing it to drive up hype, unless Shintoism has some sort of strong influence on this new game.

again

it doesn't really matter where the triforce came from because in the context of video games it's the fucking triforce

you don't make a game where plumbers fight turtles and then try to convince people it isn't a ripoff of super mario bros. by saying that there were plumbers and turtles way before super mario bros.

It's easy to see that they're trying to get attention by using the triforce symbol, but at the same time I never thought it would be a Zelda announcement. Mainly because it wasn't on a Nintendo website (but also because something as big as Zelda announcement probably wouldn't have a timezone-staggered countdown).

I wonder how extensively (if at all) the triangle feather clock will be used in-game...? My guess is it might be akin to the Wario moustache bomb graphic in Wario Ware games.

I wonder what's going to happen to this thread once you all realize it's not a Zelda game. :\
Well, there is a 150% chance that a Zelda game is under development.
damn, so that means all of us thinking about what a new zelda game would be like was a waste of time.

damn. damn it all.

Thinking about Zelda is NEVER a waste of time! We'll figure out that darn timeline if it takes all the Clocks Of Time in Hyrule!!

again

it doesn't really matter where the triforce came from because in the context of video games it's the fucking triforce

you don't make a game where plumbers fight turtles and then try to convince people it isn't a ripoff of super mario bros. by saying that there were plumbers and turtles way before super mario bros.

Qft. As soon as something's placed into a context, it doesn't matter what it's origin was. The swastika was a religious symbol used by many Eastern cultures (and many of the lesser known in the West) before the Nazis decided to use it, thus making it the universal symbol of hate. Now it doesn't matter where it came from, all that matters is that you think of WWII.

Back on topic:

I'm sad that it's not Zelda, but also relieved. I honestly don't think I want to deal with any more time-themed things in the Zelda series. If it's nonlinear/unconventional, then it better at least fucking make sense. None of this "you almost have a minu- FOOLED YOU!" bullshit.

The swastika was a religious symbol used by many Eastern cultures (and many of the lesser known in the West) before the Nazis decided to use it, thus making it the universal symbol of hate. Now it doesn't matter where it came from, all that matters is that you think of WWII.

If you want to be really nit-picky the symbol from those religions can still be recognized as not a swastika since they rotate in the opposite direction as one. There are still statues and the like with that particular symbol on it now for these cultures, without bringing up thoughts of Nazi Germany. I suppose most people won't notice that it's backwards though and just go "omgomgomgitsaswastika!" instead.

I don't really have anything to say on topic, I'm just bored right now.

Can you blame anyone for thinking it was a Zelda game? It had the Tri-Force symbol in it, and like Bleck said, in video games, that means something to do with Zelda.

It also fits with the current release pattern of Zelda games.

Yeah, it turned out to be something completely unrelated, but come on, everyone that saw it thought the same thing.

Can you blame anyone for thinking it was a Zelda game? It had the Tri-Force symbol in it, and like Bleck said, in video games, that means something to do with Zelda.

It also fits with the current release pattern of Zelda games.

Yeah, it turned out to be something completely unrelated, but come on, everyone that saw it thought the same thing.

Blame it on the power of suggestion, just like an Ouija board. I think we all wanted it to be a new one. I can't wait for the next one. Hopefully won't be based on Gamecube graphics either, not that they were bad at all though.