OCR01800 - Super Metroid "Jade Catacombs"

djpretzel

:<

It's definitively bLiNd's best yet ! We can see clearly see that bLiNd has totally recovered !!:grin:

BTW the reserve tank variations project is just wonderful, the quality and energy put into it is incredible ! Jade Catacomb is just a great song to complete that project !!

:arrow: Well done to everyone !!!! :<

ha! yeah this definitely really damn good reminds me of white skies but x20,000! i really like the intro and the side chained choir's plus with the chopped up vox sample jus tops it all. Avaris is right your starting to sound more and more like Oceanlab in a good way! My favorite part is at 3:19-4:44 im jus a sucker for trance arps i cant help it. Your style is evovling and im trying to keep up lol. Its funny i havent been able to wirte any music for a long while but when I heard you new stuff man it gave me back my mojo thanks man i owe you one. On a side note im still mad that i couldnt come to mag to meet you and Jade but dont worry we all gonna bump into each other :) well man keep at it hope to hear from you soon! i have something new in the works when its complete i will pass it on to you and Jade.

Peace brutha!

One of my favs from your newest batch of tracks dude! This has so many good things goin for it, great sections and sounds that mesh together really well. The breakout right at the end is by far the best section. Loved it at the MagFest when the song went into that section, it's something you don't expect as a listener but totally rocks. The bassline there friggin rocks on loud speakers!

:<

It's definitively bLiNd's best yet ! We can see clearly see that bLiNd has totally recovered !!:grin:

BTW the reserve tank variations project is just wonderful, the quality and energy put into it is incredible ! Jade Catacomb is just a great song to complete that project !!

:arrow: Well done to everyone !!!! :<

I can't tell if the phrase was intentional or not :P Glad to hear bLiNd's feeling good enough to contribute to his own get-better-soon album. Very upbeat, long, and excellent, definitely can agree that it's the perfect exclamation point to the album.

Great to see this posted already! I already listened to it at the JamSpace thing on Saturday night at MAG (that entire set was awesome, by the way), and have been listening to it many, many times since getting the VARIAtions tracks.

I don't know what else I can say about it, though. I mean it's great, and it's one of those few songs I can listen to repeatedly without getting tired of it. KF

Hrm.

The first five minutes rocked so freaking hard. WOW DUDE.

The last bit after like 5:15 just didn't seem to have that energy. Granted it was an entirely different movement, but it feels kinda disjointed. I dunno man. I am in love with every bit of this song but can't help but notice I hit "rewind" on my iTunes whenever I get past 5:15 ish, even when it's in the background.

That said. Wow. Again. I dare say this tops White Skies as your best work yet, and that's saying a lot. The bar gets higher and higher, and I love every second of it. SO GLAD this got posted on OCR. I was hoping it would, wasn't sure though since VARIAtions wasn't a site project or anything like that, but glad it is up. Everyone needs to hear this.

Hrm.

The first five minutes rocked so freaking hard. WOW DUDE.

The last bit after like 5:15 just didn't seem to have that energy. Granted it was an entirely different movement, but it feels kinda disjointed. I dunno man. I am in love with every bit of this song but can't help but notice I hit "rewind" on my iTunes whenever I get past 5:15 ish, even when it's in the background.

That said. Wow. Again. I dare say this tops White Skies as your best work yet, and that's saying a lot. The bar gets higher and higher, and I love every second of it. SO GLAD this got posted on OCR. I was hoping it would, wasn't sure though since VARIAtions wasn't a site project or anything like that, but glad it is up. Everyone needs to hear this.

You're insane... That's like the best part! ... It's my favorite part.... :cry:

I agree this tops White Skies, though... hehehe That's the track that made me contact him. :)!!

Thanks everyone for your feeback and compliments :)

and thank you too Dafydd for your opinion. Its true I could probably use less, but theres actually more delay going on than reverb, the beginning arp and vocal chop are the only things with reverb. Tape delays actually add more ambience and are a little stronger on the ears so thats probably what you are hearing. Anyway im glad you think I deliver, and ill take your thoughts into consideration for next time :)

I'd like to agree with what's been said in djp's review: "It's the best he's done so far!'

Then again, I haven't listened to all of bLiNd's stuff. Even still, this track really delivers, and really blew me away (Especially with the speed booster sounds. Yes, especially. Thus I agree with Jade on that one ner ner:)!!).

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01800 - Super Metroid "Jade Catacombs"