OCR01800 - Super Metroid "Jade Catacombs"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
ha! yeah this definitely really damn good reminds me of white skies but x20,000! i really like the intro and the side chained choir's plus with the chopped up vox sample jus tops it all. Avaris is right your starting to sound more and more like Oceanlab in a good way! My favorite part is at 3:19-4:44 im jus a sucker for trance arps i cant help it. Your style is evovling and im trying to keep up lol. Its funny i havent been able to wirte any music for a long while but when I heard you new stuff man it gave me back my mojo thanks man i owe you one. On a side note im still mad that i couldnt come to mag to meet you and Jade but dont worry we all gonna bump into each other :) well man keep at it hope to hear from you soon! i have something new in the works when its complete i will pass it on to you and Jade.

divorce certificate huh?

send it over to me yo!

but....who are you?

• 2 months later...

Well... Personally, I thought I'd like this mix. It was very nicely done, but there was one very major problem that just, for me, ruined this one. Those drums were on the same channel or something as everything else, because when they go off, everything else dies to sudden quietness, so it's LiKe ThIs WiTh ThE vOlUmE. Makes it very hard to listen to, is incredibly annoying, and distracts from everything else.

Still, this one has its virtues. It's a very nice interpretation of the original, and has very nice parts. While towards the middle, the fade-out sounds like the end, and doesn't quite match the rest, it comes back in very nicely. I don't think this one would really work in the game, because it doesn't match the ambience, but I can just see short videos on sections from the game, with this music on the background, as a tribute. It works fairly nicely, if you can get past the volume in and out. Nice speed booster about 3/4 of the way through, maybe progresses a little too slow.

This one gets a 6/10 for me. I really liked the piece and what you did with it, but the volume shifts just get to me. I've liked other things bLiNd has done, just not this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This definitely takes the style bLiNd usually works in and cranks it up to a new level. The story behind this mix and how it was eventually included in Jordan's own Get Well Soon album is really touching. You can tell he poured his heart into this just from the length and depth of content. I don't really have much to say about the mix itself, but I do want to comment on what I feel is some of the most fitting and appropriate use of sound effects in any remix, ever. That part was so cool that I almost didn't believe what I was hearing when I first listened to it.

Yay! :-D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This song doesn't do the original justice at all.... it completely stomps all over and makes the original look horrible, this track is really that amazing.

If they remake Super Metroid, this should be in there somewhere, maybe after you defeat Kraid or something, seeing as you get the VARIA suit then...

Bloody amazing work, man. I think I'm gonna dance now. 8-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01800 - Super Metroid "Jade Catacombs"
  • 3 years later...

I was listening to some ocremix the other day and this mix came on and I thought to myself, if I had to pick one remix from all of the ocremix library as the ultimate greatest remix track of them all, would it be Jade Catacombs by bLiNd? And I thought to myself, yes, I believe it is.