How would YOU like your OC ReMix included in a film?

Maffew

Hello Remixers!

I am a Third Year Student in the UK putting the finishing touches upon an Training Film for the University.

The short film is a slightly cheesy Info-film with the intention of informing students on useful tips for job interviews. The film is to be divided into different sections, with each section including tips relevant to each stage of interview. Think 'Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life'.

Anyway, the music-creating students here either create Aphex Twin-lite or elevator music. Neither of which help me in any way. So, for the demo I ended up using the most relaxing tracks from Brawl (e.g. Coin Launcher), which my client ended up liking (she doesn't play much Brawl, thank God). Obviously I cannot use Brawl music (although this is tempting) but I thought before asking some more students if anyone on OC Remix would lend me their music/help themselves by listing 'contributor to soundtrack' (or however you would wish to put it) on your CV, if you would wish to do so. I do this because

a) easier legally and

B) I happen to like OC Remixes.

If you're reading this thinking "Yeah, why not" then excellent. The type of remixes I am looking for are slow, background music types. remixes that wouldn't sound out of place on a menu screen, for example. Basically anything not too fast.

Remixes that have already been submitted or are not on OC Remix can be submitted. Basically, you give them to me and I'll tell them if I can use it or not.

The remixes can be sent as an .mp3 (I can't remember if Adobe uses .ogg) or just linked to if they are on here already.

I can offer a copy of the finished film, a Permission Form and er any cash incentives you may want/need. (within reason)

Thank you for your time and I hope at least one person says "This person doesn't sound too much like a desperate Jehovah's Witness, I'll give him a Marble Zone remix to make his film appear less crap"

• 2 weeks later...

Can you think of any Nintendo themes that I could play, slightly slowed down and peaceful? Here's a list of my ideas:

-Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros. 1)

-Underwater Theme (Super Mario World)

-Bomb-omb Battlefield (Super Mario 64)

-Jolly Roger Bay (Super Mario 64)

-Star Festival (Super Mario Galaxy)

-Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG)

-Game Over Theme (The Legend of the Zelda)

-Fairy's Theme/Fountain (Zelda Franchise; otherwise known as the File Select Theme)

-[Mysterious] Forest (Zelda: A Link to the Past; I'd arrange this one, since I don't already know how to play it)

-Guessing Game House (Zelda: Link to the Past; I'd have to arrange this, but it's not too difficult, so don't worry about that)

-Kakariko Village (Zelda: Link to the Past; this is actually sound like it'd work great)

-Zelda's Lullaby (Zelda Franchise; hopefully the viewers don't fall asleep)

-Inside A House (Ocarina of Time)

-Hyrule Castle Courtyard (Ocarina of Time; this would work well)

-Lon Lon Ranch (Ocarina of Time; would work good, but require little arrangement)

-Lost Woods (Ocarina of Time)

-Song of Storms (Ocarina of Time)

-Title Theme (Zelda: Wind Waker; little arrangement needed)

-Graaandma/Family Theme (Zelda: Wind Waker; peaceful Clarinet solo, and I can actually play the Clarinet)

-Inside the Pirate Ship (Zelda: Wind Waker; requires little arrangement)

-Wind God's Song (Zelda: Wind Waker; arrangement)

-Aril's Theme (Zelda: Wind Waker; arrangement)

-Midna's Desperate Hour (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

-Ordon Village (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

-Falbi's House (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

-Instruction in the Way of the Sword (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

-Shop (Twilight Princess; slowed down)

-And much, much more!

If you like any of these, let me know which ones and I'll get started. If none of these appeal to you I'll list themes from several other franchises. Thanks for the opportunity, and I look forward to your response.

Can you think of any Nintendo themes that I could play, slightly slowed down and peaceful? Here's a list of my ideas:

-Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros. 1)

-Underwater Theme (Super Mario World)

-Bomb-omb Battlefield (Super Mario 64)

-Jolly Roger Bay (Super Mario 64)

-Star Festival (Super Mario Galaxy)

-Beware the Forest's Mushrooms (Super Mario RPG)

-Game Over Theme (The Legend of the Zelda)

-Fairy's Theme/Fountain (Zelda Franchise; otherwise known as the File Select Theme)

-[Mysterious] Forest (Zelda: A Link to the Past; I'd arrange this one, since I don't already know how to play it)

-Guessing Game House (Zelda: Link to the Past; I'd have to arrange this, but it's not too difficult, so don't worry about that)

-Kakariko Village (Zelda: Link to the Past; this is actually sound like it'd work great)

-Zelda's Lullaby (Zelda Franchise; hopefully the viewers don't fall asleep)

-Inside A House (Ocarina of Time)

-Hyrule Castle Courtyard (Ocarina of Time; this would work well)

-Lon Lon Ranch (Ocarina of Time; would work good, but require little arrangement)

-Lost Woods (Ocarina of Time)

-Song of Storms (Ocarina of Time)

-Title Theme (Zelda: Wind Waker; little arrangement needed)

-Graaandma/Family Theme (Zelda: Wind Waker; peaceful Clarinet solo, and I can actually play the Clarinet)

-Inside the Pirate Ship (Zelda: Wind Waker; requires little arrangement)

-Wind God's Song (Zelda: Wind Waker; arrangement)

-Aril's Theme (Zelda: Wind Waker; arrangement)

-Midna's Desperate Hour (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

-Ordon Village (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

-Falbi's House (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

-Instruction in the Way of the Sword (Zelda: Twilight Princess)

-Shop (Twilight Princess; slowed down)

-And much, much more!

If you like any of these, let me know which ones and I'll get started. If none of these appeal to you I'll list themes from several other franchises. Thanks for the opportunity, and I look forward to your response.

Now that's a list! If you meant "Dire, Dire Docks" instead of "Jolly Roger Bay" (That would be Banjo-Tooie, my dear :)) that is. But yes, you pretty much summed up what is needed/wanted by that wide range of themes.

To be honest, ANY of those would be perfect for the film so yes, fire away and thanks for the response!

What would you like in return? I can prepare a Release Form as soon as you submit a mix, but that is for me rather than you (obviously). Name your price.

If you meant "Dire, Dire Docks" instead of "Jolly Roger Bay" (That would be Banjo-Tooie, my dear :)) that is.

Wrong, sir. There is, in fact, another water level other than Dire Dire Docks in Super Mario 64 that goes by the name of Jolly Roger Bay. It's on the right side in the very front of the lobby in the castle.

Also, Banjo-Tooie has Jolly Roger Lagoon rather than Jolly Roger Bay.

Wrong, sir. There is, in fact, another water level other than Dire Dire Docks in Super Mario 64 that goes by the name of Jolly Roger Bay. It's on the right side in the very front of the lobby in the castle.

Also, Banjo-Tooie has Jolly Roger Lagoon rather than Jolly Roger Bay.

Oh bloody hell, you're quite right and thus I'm quite wrong. The song is the same, though so that works out alright for me.

And you are even more right on Banjo-Tooie. I need to stop trying to be a smart-arse.

Now that's a list! If you meant "Dire, Dire Docks" instead of "Jolly Roger Bay" (That would be Banjo-Tooie, my dear :)) that is. But yes, you pretty much summed up what is needed/wanted by that wide range of themes.

To be honest, ANY of those would be perfect for the film so yes, fire away and thanks for the response!

What would you like in return? I can prepare a Release Form as soon as you submit a mix, but that is for me rather than you (obviously). Name your price.

If there's anything I can think of in return (I don't much care for you to pay for this; I enjoy the work), you could promote me, my Remix(es), and my Youtube for a short time, maybe in the credits of your video. If you click on my nickname in my signature, it's a link to my Youtube.

Thanks,

nintendude794

P.S.: Sorry about the mix up, and maybe I'm wrong, but I do believe there was a level in Mario 64 entitled "Jolly Roger Bay", with the same music as the level "Dire, Dire Docks".

You can use any of my remixes you think would fit.

http://ocremix.org/remixer/darkesword/

Thank you DarkeSword, I appreciate that! You have some good stuff here, I'll let you know which I pick.

P.S.: Sorry about the mix up, and maybe I'm wrong, but I do believe there was a level in Mario 64 entitled "Jolly Roger Bay", with the same music as the level "Dire, Dire Docks".

Ha, no need to apologise. You were right and I was wrong.

Just one more question before I get started: Can you give me an estimate of how fast it should be, perhaps comparing the speed you want to famous Movie themes or well known songs?

The speed isn't THAT big of a deal, it being BACKGROUND music is the most important thing now that I think about it. Something that adds to the information on screen and doesn't distract, which could potentially be fast (Level Editor from Smash Bros. Brawl was the fastest used in the demo) but being a layman I would simply say not too fast as the faster it is the more distracting it could be. Hopefully that makes sense.

P.S.: How long is your video? Should the tempo be constant or can I change the speed a couple times?

The video will be approximately ten minutes long, but divided into several sections. So a constant tempo would be preferred, really.

Thanks again Nintendude764!

Thank you DarkeSword, I appreciate that! You have some good stuff here, I'll let you know which I pick.

Ha, no need to apologise. You were right and I was wrong.

The speed isn't THAT big of a deal, it being BACKGROUND music is the most important thing now that I think about it. Something that adds to the information on screen and doesn't distract, which could potentially be fast (Level Editor from Smash Bros. Brawl was the fastest used in the demo) but being a layman I would simply say not too fast as the faster it is the more distracting it could be. Hopefully that makes sense.

The video will be approximately ten minutes long, but divided into several sections. So a constant tempo would be preferred, really.

Thanks again Nintendude764!

Thanks for all the info; I've completed a Remix of the Temple from Zelda 2: Adventure of Link, as well as the stage from Super Smash Bros. Melee. If OCRemix doesn't accept my submission for it, how else might I send it to you? I'm sorry it wasn't on the list, and if it isn't quite what you were looking for, I'll pick one from the list.

Thanks,

nintendude794

P.S.: I just kinda wanted to point out that I'm nintendude794, not "NIntendude764". Thanks for giving me this opportunity.