It Finally Happened: Keanu to Play Spike in Cowboy Bebop

The Damned

I don't know what you're talking about with Ground Hogs or Prairie Dogs, but yeah the Monkeys were pretty homo.

yeah, I was going to say either one but not both. but those CGI rodents in the desert, were completely unnecessary and not funny in the slightest.

but as for Faye, i think they would go for some unknown actress. and for ed?

hoooo boy, that's gonna be tough cause you need the childness to be present, and the silliness but without her looking like she high on something. and I don't think Dakota Fanning can pull of a child. i don't think she has the skills. she's like a minature adult and so damn annoying in her movies. (war of the worlds and man on fire)

I really don't know about this movie, honestly, I could care less. I've seen Cowboy Bebop from start to finish. I hated the ending, I felt like I wasted my time watching it. It was a well made anime, I love the music, and it's overall style. But I just don't care for that ending.

This is just my opinion on it, you don't have to like it.

In regards to Shia Lebouf? I really hope he calms down the amount of movies he's in, he's gonna turn into Samuel L. Jackson, and what I mean by that, is that he'll be in every single film he can get his hands on, and just slowly become an irritant to cinema. Neither are bad actors, but they really need to just slow it down. Then again, that's really the media's fault of overexposure I guess.

I guess the easiest way to not support this movie would be to not see it right? And, ah forget it. Cause honestly, unless it looks interesting, I'd rather just pay a buck to rent it.

In regards to Shia Lebouf? I really hope he calms down the amount of movies he's in, he's gonna turn into Samuel L. Jackson, and what I mean by that, is that he'll be in every single film he can get his hands on, and just slowly become an irritant to cinema. Neither are bad actors, but they really need to just slow it down. Then again, that's really the media's fault of overexposure I guess.

When did Sam Jackson become an irritant. I always thought of him as the "Clear Eyes" of the Cinema world. Sam Jackson is a great actor. And so is Shia Lebouf. And so is Meatloaf. Meatloaf was awesome in Spice World.

When did Sam Jackson become an irritant. I always thought of him as the "Clear Eyes" of the Cinema world. Sam Jackson is a great actor. And so is Shia Lebouf. And so is Meatloaf. Meatloaf was awesome in Spice World.

Sam Jackson used to be pretty awesome, but after around 2000, most of the films he's done have been junk.

Going back to Shia Lebouf, I originally mentioned him cast as Ed as a cynical joke, because that's the typical Hollywood casting move. Take a hot young actor and squeeze them into a role in a film you're trying to force into a blockbuster, regardless of appropriate casting (you know, cause Ed's actually a girl...)

People make a big deal over the director and screenplay being heavily influenced or even being directly collaborated by the Cowboy Bebop production crew, but I think that could be a mistake. Most Asia-to-America transitions have failed horribly even when they included the direct help from directors and writers of the former shows and movies.

The only MAJOR exception to the rule was The Departed, which had a massive Bostonian overhaul to the original Hong Kong theme.

People make a big deal over the director and screenplay being heavily influenced or even being directly collaborated by the Cowboy Bebop production crew, but I think that could be a mistake. Most Asia-to-America transitions have failed horribly even when they included the direct help from directors and writers of the former shows and movies.

The only MAJOR exception to the rule was The Departed, which had a massive Bostonian overhaul to the original Hong Kong theme.

Yeah, I don't know what it is, but it's generally true. I think it probably has something to do with it looking good on paper to say you're bringing in the original writers, directors, etc., for input, but then Hollywood ignores them. Or tries to simply plug their ideas into the typical 3-act structure with all the typical cliches that somehow pass for moviemaking nowadays...

Probably helped you had Scorsese helming The Departed, as opposed to some music video director too.

I'm just relieved that the American remake of "Oldboy" no longer looks like it'll happen...

FOX?! Keanu??! Cowboy Bebop..?!

Those words should never even be stored on the same hard drive together, and now these evil bastards are combining them in a movie. This is a total outrage. It's like making a live action Noir movie and casting Lindsey Lohan as Mireille.

I'm... I'm beyond pissed, and beyond disappointed--I'm like the Potaru earrings fusion of the two. We've got to do something about this! Does anyone have an address at Fox we can send "Please Don't" mail to? God I feel so powerless to avert this travesty...

I'm gonna go write a letter to my congressman.

Sam Jackson used to be pretty awesome, but after around 2000, most of the films he's done have been junk.

One of my film production teachers actually got to meet him back in the day when he was still doing stage plays. He said that "Sam Jackson is the kind of guy who would rather be in 6 bad productions than 1 good one. He's happiest when he always has work to do."

Also, Snakes on a Plane was one of the greatest films of the 21st century.

although, she probably wouldn't want to. and nobody would want her to.

I think Christina Ricci, would be an awesome Faye.

cr.jpg

she's got the body and the look. She can play emotionally unstable people and characters who have problems but cover it up with a facade.

the only problems I see is

1) she was in speed racer as trixie (good movie btw) but that doesn't matter cause nobody saw it anyway.

2) a little too much fore-head. but that's just nitpicking.

also Mickey Rourke as Jet would work. deep voice. same build.

although, she probably wouldn't want to. and nobody would want her to.

I think Christina Ricci, would be an awesome Faye.

cr.jpg

she's got the body and the look. She can play emotionally unstable people and characters who have problems but cover it up with a facade.

the only problems I see is

1) she was in speed racer as trixie (good movie btw) but that doesn't matter cause nobody saw it anyway.

2) a little too much fore-head. but that's just nitpicking.

also Mickey Rourke as Jet would work. deep voice. same build.

Sorry, she'd be a terrible Faye, but I can see where you're coming from. I just think she's too tiny, and nymphish.

Since you mentioned her, maybe a bit younger and she could've been as perfect an Ed as you could realistically hope for though.

I don't know about Rourke as Jet. But he's a definite maybe. I kinda lean toward Ron Pearlman, because he might pull off the overall look better, but I'm not sure. Either would probably satisfy though.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this thread, but I've had a pretty significant change of heart regarding this movie. I heard that this is something of a fan project that Keanu Reeves has pushed through. True/False?

If it's a fan project, then that changes everything. I have complete faith that Reeves would ensure a high level of quality for the project. It wouldn't be like Dragonball, where they hired a guy to play Goku who's never actually seen an episode of the show. This would essentially be a fan-fiction with a major Hollywood studio backing it. That possibility actually has me very excited.