OCR01048 - Super Metroid "One Girl in All the World"

djpretzel

Wow. You know, I'm usually not impressed by this type of song and whatnot, but dude, that's pretty neat.

I like the whole feeling the thing has, as well as all the changes. The piano in the background fits pretty well, and the entire thing just flows and goes places. I dig that.

I can't think of anything bad to say about it, honestly, but hot damn. If only the other mixes were this good~

Edit: OH yea, I couldn't really get into the whole 'relics of chozo' or whatever it was. It was a nifty project and all you want, but in my opinion the quality of the songs are not even close to this in any aspect, shape or form.

I downloaded this song off of the Wingless's website a week or two ago and I have mixed feelings about it. I loved the Super Metroid soundtrack, but this doesn't resemble the Maridia theme very much at all. It is very good, but I just wish it sounded more like the original. I'll download the alternate version too to see if I like it better or not.

Damnit, you just had to go and make a lower Brinstar mix that sounds EVEN LESS like the original than mine, huh?

This is really great stuff. Everything melts. it's wonderful. dont know what else to say. some of your best work. love the square synth.

this makes me really want to finish that guitar solo for you.

btw, you said this was maridia, but i heard brinstar 2. WUT?

Excellent work. EQ'd a bit strong in some of the upper frequencies, but nothing that ruins it or anything. I also like the alternate version you provided, but I do like the OC version a bit better. Your alternate version downloaded FAST... like 700K+ per second fast. I had it in a few seconds. Not sure where that is hosted, but it dishes out good speed.

Good god man.

This has EASILY made its way into my personal, aesthetic list of Greatest OverClocked Remixes. Not in anyway to degrade the AWESOME works that have been recently done (and they ARE awesome, I've kept almost every single one), but this is above and beyond in ways I can't even describe.

Suffice to say, I have three sub-folders in my OCR folder - "Mellow", "Kinetic", "Atomic" (Yea, I name my folders weird shit. Shut up, it's my computer.), this one goes into the extra special Atomic folder for songs I listen to more frequently than others.

Great great GREAT job. It pains me that I lack the knowledge to describe all the technical details that make this piece so great. But let me put it the best I can - beginning to end, it totally, completely captivates me.

I can see this is going to be one of those that I turn on when I kill all the lights, rocket up the volume, and immerse myself in music.

Very very smooth...one of the few OCR songs that I've found myself listening to over and over and over after first downloading it because my brain just likes the sound and doesn't want to let go...that synth is like a drug for some reason...soooo lovely.

Edit: which is not to say the other songs are crap, I mean listen to over and over on repeat.

it is ok.

I was very disapointed to hear how little it sounded like the original metroids. I could hear some of brinstar in there. some.... Why call it a metroid remix if it does not sound like it?

A decent song sure... But it sucks compared to some of the other epic metroid tracks.

sorry! just my opinion. :wink:

Reminds me a lot of the style Metroid Prime's music was. Which is a good thing. ^_^

What an amazing song...I mean...wow. This is wonderful.

It is difficult to hear the original, I can tell it's there, and know the song, but that's what I like about this. It's SO extremely different from the original, it's awesome. It's the area right before the Maridia pipe, with the tentacle things that pull you into the water...but is that considered Maridia or Lower Brinstar? Who knows, this mix is still awesome ^-^

I could never believe the incredible artistry behind the music from "The Wingless." When I heard his Starfox OCremix "Godspeed" my jaw just dropped and I had to listen to it a few dozen times before I believed my ears as to how good that song was, considering I've been a fan of the music from the SNES Starfox game since I first played it.

Now, my two favorite games of all time are MegaMan 2 for NES, and the almighty Metroid 3 for SNES. -Those- are the two games I grew up on.

And btw, I liked most of the songs from Relics of the Chozo. Some didn't feel right though. *shrugs* But great remixed soundtrack nonetheless.

Anyways, "One Girl in all the World" is a fantastic piece. And my bottom line and point is that pretty much anything by "The Wingless" makes me want to follow that old SNES motto. "Play it Loud!"

Cya! ^-^

Truly I piece of true magnificence. I was just making my weekly visit to OCR to see what new songs had come out; I downloaded them all and began listening to them. I was getting somewhat bored with all the songs when I turned on The Wingless' One Girl In All The World, and my jaw dropped and eyes watered. This song is a true work of art and I found myself getting all of his songs after that, everyone as good as the last, but the best one still remains for me One Girl in All the World.

Gamebro granted it was difficult for me to hear the theme of Metroid in the track it was definitely there, and for you to rate this song purely on its title is sheer stupidity. If you can't see passed the name and look into the song itself than I pity you. But then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder or ear of the listener so to speak, and there is a lot eyes on this one and everyone saying how incredible this song is. Remember, never judge a book by its cover.

This piece is simply beautiful, from the roar of the thunder to the change up at 2:34. This song makes me think of the start of a powerful storm to the beginning of a new light just as the sun comes out after its all over. After all is said and done you realize how important that your "one girl in all the world" is to you. I downloaded it from his website a few weeks ago and I've had it on repeat ever since. If you don't got it get it while the gettings good because "The Wingless" does it again.

*ONEZ*

This is a great remix. Pardon me for saying this, but I'm sick and tired of so many goddamn similar remixes for Super Metroid especially, which just take an already dark score and make it DARKER. CotMM comes to mind. This was very interesting, and I could easily recognize the parts from Metroid. It's kind of depressing in its sound, similar to the other Metroid songs, but that's not a bad thing. Metroid music isn't generally uplifting, which is why I propose someone makes a happy hardcore or sugar pop remix of a metroid song, hehehe.

Keep up the good work The Wingless... aside from Teardrinker, I really love your stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01048 - Super Metroid "One Girl in All the World"