OCR01048 - Super Metroid "One Girl in All the World"

djpretzel

Ah... The Wingless again. Another magnificent masterpeice that gets all thumbs up.

It's getting to the point where even for tracks I don't like, if there's a mix done by The Wingless I hunt it out and nab it.

It's tracks like this that inspire me to have a crack but at the same time, I can't make anything of nearly this quality...

Please keep making these!

5/5 8)

I think The Wingless is the only other person who hears video game music quite the same way I do. It's his blend of what makes video game music great, with beautiful instrumentation (some of the greatest piano I've heard). His remixes always keep me coming back here, hoping he has new stuff posted. He caught my attention when I first heard "Teardrinker" and it blew me away (it has since become my favorite video game song, remixed or otherwise), and now he is back with another excellent song.

I am kind of a sucker for wordplay, so of course I loved the title. While we all of course know the title is literal, that doesn't seem so definite when you listen and the romantic nature of the song begins to shine through. It becomes a double entendre, both funny and beautiful.

I really can't say anything about the song itself. The Wingless' work gets to a point where all you can say about it is "right on." He nailed it again.

Right on, man. Keep 'em coming.

• 2 weeks later...

It's only once in a while that something strikes me enough where I feel obligated to say something. And Wingless's piece is most definately that something.

As I listen through it, it feels like a very balanced blend between something from Secret of Mana and Metroid Prime. And believe me, this is a good thing. I can't quite describe the feeling from the song, but it makes me happy and I feel like this is something I could listen to over and over and not get sick of. :D The song has delightful flowing melodies that keep it from getting boring and I feel that they kind of set it apart from other remixes that I've downloaded.

This is a good one for sure.

I hate to say it, but this song didn't make sense to me o_O You'd have to listen very closely to even tell that it's based off of Super Metroid. This piece would have been great, IMO, with classical instruments rather than techno beeps and bloops. However, I keep finding myself bored as I listen to it.

On the plus side, two of my friends said they liked it but they like techno-ish stuff.

This song rocks... it has a balance of Metroid, and what I can only say must be Secret Of Mana... it has the sort of beat of it at the end. All in all, although it is fairly similar throughout, its a good piece, and you don't have to be a techno/trance fan to love it.

Taking the fact I've been listening to this song for quite a while, it might say there alone that it is a personal favorite.

But not just that, this song takes a lot into it. You feel the emotion that Samus Aran has been sort of led to have over the pass while, especially in Prime, and that is a feeling of loneliness. Rain, what a marvelous effect that rain had, and the entire song became the epitome of rain and it's effects on a temperament. Soothing, but you just begin to think when you listen to it. It just mezmerizes and sucks everything in.

The Wingless, I look forward to the rest of your works, especially if they keep up with this song. You did an incredible job.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice ReMix. It definately has that Prime feel in it (Heck, it even got me to start MP over and try to beat it with a game time of less than 24 hours). Yes, it does have some depressing parts, but it also has some upbeat parts to me (think emotional rollercoaster). Overall, I give it a 9/10.

• 4 months later...

Great mix. One of my favorites, definitely. Its got a similar feel to Zebesian midnight. Heres how I describe them: night time by by the ocean near a rocky area with a natural roof (kind of like a lagoon) and its raining gently. Thats the picture that pops into my head while listening to this sound. Its great!

This song had me entranced, that's all there is to it. I put on before I go to sleep sometimes, and I find the thunder and rain effects utterly relaxing. I like this one a little better than the companion piece "All the world in one girl," but regardless they're both excellent pieces. The wingless does not disappoint me.

• 3 months later...

Man I love this music!! Seriously...It gave me vivid images in my head...and I actually draw better when I listen to this remix...It sounds perfect...I'm actually making a story that has been inspired by this song...Its that good...please keep it up...I give this song a 10/10. I love the whole thing from beginning to end! especially near the end where the song is past the climax.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Goddamn this is awesome

I love the "Space" instruments, the whistle sorta thing is great! I prefere this song over wingless's other super metroid mix, they're both great but this one is just excellent! It Stands out, It's now another one of my favourites!

I love that whistle!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the finest remixes on the site. The variation is brilliant, and to my favorite metroid theme in the game the mix is all the more elegant. This piece remains one of my favorite songs of all time.

God bless The Wingless.

Wish he'd remix more often though... :roll:

• 5 months later...

I know I'm really late in posting this, but I've been coming to this site for about a year now and I've never gotten around to leaving a review this masterpiece.

I think this is hands down the best remix on this site. I have absolutely no complaints with this remix at all. I've listened to this song regularly since I first downloaded it back in '04. Its a miracle cure stress and headaches. I just shut out the lights and play this song and I'm put into an immediate state of peace and relaxation. Theres also something about it that gets my creative juices flowing. I guess it just helps me clear my head so I can think straight.

Wingless, you should be writing music for video games. Your songs are so atmospheric and moody that they would go perfectly with something like Metroid or Seiklus. You have an incredible talent and I hope to hear more from you soon. :)

I never played any of the metroids before Metroid Prime, as I grew up on Sonic via the Sega Genesis, but after hearing Teardrinker I wound up tracking down all of The Wingless's titles, something only Star Salzman had made me do up to this point.

I lack any and all knowledge of making remixes or the sounds involved, but I get completely lost in it. The phrase "Time flies when you're having fun" applies in a sense here, it's hard to believe the song is just shy of 5 minutes, as im completely entranced by this song.

I don't know if it's the genre, the quality, the original game track, or a mix of 2 or all 3, and frankly I don't care, but this song has got me looking for music that follows this particular genre, just not sure where to look other than OCRemix :wink:

I consider myself priviledged to have come across this song, I imagine it'll be on my favorites playlist for some time.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01048 - Super Metroid "One Girl in All the World"