X360: The Perfect Match - Soundtrack by AnotherSoundscape

anosou

No, man. Not cool. YOU can make the decision to post your stuff there, but we don't endorse that site, GH, or anyone that is basically hosting pirated game OSTs en masse. I've heard the defense that some of them are out of print, which might be viable if it were JUST limited to those OSTs, but they host everything, and OCR can't simultaneously stand for honoring game music and game music composers and allow free pimpage of what amount to "VGM Warez" sites on our forums. I disagree with your decision personally, but respect your independence. I don't respect pimping it here.

As a side note, if you want OCR to host it instead, we might be able to.

I understand and respect that. I'm sorry for not thinking about forum rules, links to illegal material is.. well illegal. Even though this was a direct link to only the post containing my soundtrack, I see how it's sensitive. Hosting individual soundtracks would probably use up a lot of bandwidth (especially if more remixers get hooked up) so I kindly decline for now.

Are we allowed to mention that site by name? I'm honestly wondering, because looking up, it seems the name was removed as well as the actual link.

Either way, awesome AnSo that you managed to distribute your music there. Took me for a surprise, that's for sure. First time a composer has released their own work on the site! May it be the first generous act of many for them. :)

Also, despite the bad image they may project, I have to thank sites like them. Without such services, my video game music collection would be much smaller -- yes, even my imported CD collection. Buying CDs in Yen and having them shipped overseas is an expensive investment I wouldn't have made without being able to hear what I'm getting first.

Just want to say in defense of this forbidden site, it shouldn't be lumped together with garbage like GH. I know a lot of the guys, and while I don't always agree with what they do, I'll tell you that they are pretty careful and thoughtful about what they post.

Also, I would hope that most of us are dedicated enough to this area of music to actually purchase a CD when it's something we listen to regularly. I admit to downloading a large amount of music, but I also buy a lot too. Hard to gamble $30 away on a soundtrack that may or may not be any good. And hey, in a lot of cases, you might end up getting exposed to something you would have missed otherwise. I guess the ideal situation would be for every label/company to post samples, but that doesn't seem to happen on a regular basis, and it's still difficult at times to gauge an album even with samples in hand.

I doubt I have to tell you guys that some people view OCR unfavorably as well. While nobody makes money from their contributions to OCR, and there technically isn't any lost reveue on the side of the game company, it provides competition for whatever the company might have in mind for their music. Also, it's all copyrighted material any way you look at it, so I don't see how anyone can take the moral high-ground.

Music's cute and catchy. It's almost like a teaser, though, yanked away with but a tempting taste! Where are the two-hour video game soundtracks, sir Soundscape? ;)

Make an RPG and pay me to compose the soundtrack and THERE it is :D

Jayson: nice to see you coming here and expressing your thoughts. I'm still on the fence wether this was a good idea or not. My main thoughts are the same as yours but if OCR ends up hosting free legal VGM OSTs it might move here.. We'll see what happens, let's just avoid drama :)

Make an RPG and pay me to compose the soundtrack and THERE it is :D

Jayson: nice to see you coming here and expressing your thoughts. I'm still on the fence wether this was a good idea or not. My main thoughts are the same as yours but if OCR ends up hosting free legal VGM OSTs it might move here.. We'll see what happens, let's just avoid drama :)

Seriously, man. Let's avoid the drama. ;) Ahnyway, it's your job to get your music out there to as many people as possible, so don't worry about it.

It'd be awesome if OCR started hosting this stuff though. There's a ton of stuff that has been released online for free, and I think OCR is the perfect venue to do that.

Anyway, sorry for getting sidetracked. I still need to listen to your music!

Seriously, man. It's your job to get your music out there to as many people as possible, so don't worry about it. That'd be awesome if OCR started doing that. There's a ton of stuff that has been released online for free, and I think OCR is the perfect venue to do that.

Anyway, sorry for getting sidetracked. I still need to listen to your music!

Go wild and while you're at it, get the oh-so-short Artoon soundtrack from www.okgamescompany.com for some generic untss! :D Thanks for the support.