Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous - History

Jenz Drake

I had gotten so many rejections with SoS, they all start to kind of blur together. Just keep on truckin' and finding new talent to provide great music. There's a ton of remixers out there, and even if you can't get your favorites on board, you'll likely stumble across someone who will just blow you away with what they do for your project.

I can't attest to this enough. You may not get your favorites on board, but when new people come forward and totally blow away all expectations you had for what the new talent flow slowly trickling into OCR can do, I'd say that's just as good if not better. I personally have no preference between veteran and "fresh meat", as long as the quality is there I'm all for it!

I'll be listening to the soundtrack while working today, hopefully.

I had gotten so many rejections with SoS, they all start to kind of blur together. Just keep on truckin' and finding new talent to provide great music. There's a ton of remixers out there, and even if you can't get your favorites on board, you'll likely stumble across someone who will just blow you away with what they do for your project.

Yeah, sometimes the project just doesn't come at a good time in someone's life for them to hop on board and devote the time needed. Or the music isn't up the artist's alley, or not familiar with the source and don't want to remix music from a game they haven't played. There's a myriad of reasons, and I've gotten lots of nos or non-responses in the past - it happens, so I wouldn't fret too much because there's probably no grudge or anything like that, they just aren't in the position to jump on board.

or not familiar with the source and don't want to remix music from a game they haven't played.

Sorry, but I think that's a gay reason. Trust me - I really believe you should remix tracks of games you've played all the way... Jordan has heard me quote this several times... but the point is give it a chance! I have already turned lots of heads with this soundtrack. Wild ARMs was ignored because it released the same time FFVII did in 1997. I got lots of people that played it, but don't remember the source because it's been so long. I just want to get this game out of the hiding and be respected and noticed. The goal here is to get inspired. I've already inspired a few people to play the game like Yasha, ABG and Jewbei....even Jordan said he wanted to play it. Lol If you like the music well damn.... Sit down and play it as you remix it. Wild ARMs is very similar to CT, FF, and Lufia.. (my favorite games of all time) so give it a chance and don't be biased. :P

Sorry, but I think that's a gay reason. Trust me - I really believe you should remix tracks of games you've played all the way... Jordan has heard me quote this several times... but the point is give it a chance! I have already turned lots of heads with this soundtrack. Wild ARMs was ignored because it released the same time FFVII did in 1997. I got lots of people that played it, but don't remember the source because it's been so long. I just want to get this game out of the hiding and be respected and noticed. The goal here is to get inspired. I've already inspired a few people to play the game like Yasha, ABG and Jewbei....even Jordan said he wanted to play it. Lol If you like the music well damn.... Sit down and play it as you remix it. Wild ARMs is very similar to CT, FF, and Lufia.. (my favorite games of all time) so give it a chance and don't be biased. :P

Well, the thing is that part of what gets some people inspired is if they played the game and heard the music and the instances it played in the game, so some people feel that they have a harder time doing a song justice if they haven't played the game. I know that doesn't apply to all, but I was just pointing out some people's viewpoint on that. I strongly disagree with it myself, but I have to respect it.

Well, the thing is that part of what gets some people inspired is if they played the game and heard the music and the instances it played in the game, so some people feel that they have a harder time doing a song justice if they haven't played the game. I know that doesn't apply to all, but I was just pointing out some people's viewpoint on that. I strongly disagree with it myself, but I have to respect it.

that's true. I don't know if I speak for others, but it's like a whole different approach when you're remixing a song of a game you didn't play. That isn't a necessarily bad thing, but when you played the game, the song means more to you than just being cool music.

That has never stopped me from remixing it anyway, I had never played any of the Tales games when I joined Kyle's project.... it did, however, inspire me to try......... though I ended up not really liking it :-P

Whether or not I actually believe that myself, I do seem to have an affiliation with game music from games that I've played before :)

I'm currently playing through Wild Arms, and it's pretty good, so far (only 2 - 3 hours into it, though). It's been on my things-to-play list for a while, so now's a good time to finally get through it.

I'll let you know if there's a song in it that I absolutely must have, Jade :P

I think if you really want cohesiveness in each track, all projects should come with mandatory mastering on behalf of the project coordinators. Well balanced sound beats well balanced style any day.

i don't really agree with this. i think i'm perfectly capable of mastering my own stuff properly. also, i feel like having someone else master my track would dilute the experience for me.

though an optional service of the same nature would be perfectly fine

Whether or not I actually believe that myself, I do seem to have an affiliation with game music from games that I've played before :)

I'm currently playing through Wild Arms, and it's pretty good, so far (only 2 - 3 hours into it, though). It's been on my things-to-play list for a while, so now's a good time to finally get through it.

I'll let you know if there's a song in it that I absolutely must have, Jade :P

i don't really agree with this. i think i'm perfectly capable of mastering my own stuff properly. also, i feel like having someone else master my track would dilute the experience for me.

Gario - Wow, awesome man. I hope you enjoy it... Play really close attention to the details of the game and music. hehehehe Keep me updated on your adventure! ^_^

and to everyone and Halc - if you need help with any mastering, ideas, production, etc... that's where bLiNd comes in. Don't forget he is the co-director and tracks go directly to him. We are honestly looking for quality over quantity.... so whatever needs to be done, it will be. I will make sure of it.

I think what he meant is so that all tracks will sound like they belong together in an album, not like they're just different songs gathered together. Like balancing levels and possibly frequencies so the album makes sense as whole. Not a question of your ability to mix/master.

I'm not really feeling the current project name...it's a little generic IMO. It would be nice to have something that evokes Western imagery as well as elements unique to Wild ARMs, like "Frontiers of Filgaia" or something to that effect.

Edit: Overworld theme Metallica remix lol

Sorry if you don't like it, but I do. Sorry you think it's generic, I don't think so. :P The project isn't official yet therefore the name I gave it isn't as well.

Sorry if you don't like it, but I do. Sorry you think it's generic, I don't think so. :P The project isn't official yet therefore the name I gave it isn't as well.

Its generic, but its not terrible or inappropriate either. You might not even need to change the title, just garnish it a bit. Something like "Filgaia Memoir Enchantia/Enchantasia" or something.

Its generic, but its not terrible or inappropriate either. You might not even need to change the title, just garnish it a bit. Something like "Filgaia Memoir Enchantia/Enchantasia" or something.
Let Jade use whatever name she wants. The current name is fine.

Then again, if the end result isn't as enchanting as it implies, ppl might be disappointed at first when it's rocking or chilling or groovy instead of enchanting. ;) If it doesn't quite fit the songs, the name wouldn't need much fixing anyways. :D

Nah, don't worry guys.. I'm not offended. I will take all suggestions honestly. I need a good project name. One that will stand out. I don't want it generic to people. :\ Dhsu is right, though. The game IS western. It's enchanting to me because I look up to the soundtrack, but most will not agree with me. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.