Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous - History

Jenz Drake

actually bLiNd, and don't be mad for me saying this...but if you want the music to fit a particular theme, or be similar, wouldn't you actually be mixing more than mastering? I mean, of course the mastering is part of it...but I don't think people would be as offended if you were to use mixing instead...

Siding with bLiNd on this one. Obviously mastering isn't going to do something miraculous like change your genre and style of a song but you'd be surprised how much high quality mastering can tie a collection of songs together. bLiNd does this sort of thing all the time. And although I don't dabble in it on a level as technical as he does, I have had to EQ/master some tracks I've worked with when DJing to make mixes sound a lot more cleaner and unified.

actually bLiNd, and don't be mad for me saying this...but if you want the music to fit a particular theme, or be similar, wouldn't you actually be mixing more than mastering? I mean, of course the mastering is part of it...but I don't think people would be as offended if you were to use mixing instead...

Actually you are right. I've talked to Jade about this several times, that I am actually willing to take unmixed tracks (as in, no eq, compression, reverb, delay etc) and mix and master for anyone that needs help. Most mixers on the project are already extremely capable of this but I do have a specific mixing style and every genre has a different way to mixdown. But the offer to mix AND master stands for those that want the help. I have good monitors and ears for the WIPs I received, when I check production. But one advantage people submitting WIPs to me have is that I can help them on a technical level by DOING it for them, instead of telling them HOW to do it and making them spend money on stuff and learning it etc. So yea :P

But one advantage people submitting WIPs to me have is that I can help them on a technical level by DOING it for them, instead of telling them HOW to do it and making them spend money on stuff and learning it etc. So yea :P

But you know, if you did tell me I'd learn a lot.

I probably won't get it right and you'd end up doing the mixdown for me anyway, but I'd still learn from the instruction :)

But you know, if you did tell me I'd learn a lot.

I probably won't get it right and you'd end up doing the mixdown for me anyway, but I'd still learn from the instruction :)

Oh thats no problem, I can totally instruct. But this once again comes down to plugin quality, hardware quality etc. My reverbs, eqs, and compressors, are all hardware replicas 1x1 perfection = high quality mix. Ive made good mixdowns in reason and better ones in cubase with uad, creamware, and powercore plugins and the results are insanely huge in contrast. Im not necessarily saying im better at leveling your tracks, but I have some nice tools at my disposal and am putting it out there for use to those that want it.

which'll probably be something Theophany and I will take advantage of bLiNd, we're both n00bs when it comes to remixing, me alot moreso than him, but we'll do our best and leave the bugs to you...I highly doubt I can do in Audition what you can do with all your equipment...

Wild LAWS!

Oh thats no problem, I can totally instruct. But this once again comes down to plugin quality, hardware quality etc. My reverbs, eqs, and compressors, are all hardware replicas 1x1 perfection = high quality mix. Ive made good mixdowns in reason and better ones in cubase with uad, creamware, and powercore plugins and the results are insanely huge in contrast. Im not necessarily saying im better at leveling your tracks, but I have some nice tools at my disposal and am putting it out there for use to those that want it.

I think it is great that we have the support if we need it (I probably will). Thanks bLinD!

Sort of off topic for a bit, but do you find yourself prefering the UAD plugs over the creamware/powercore ones? Just asking because I'm thinking about sinking some money into one of the above and I've heard great things about all of 'em...

Anyway, I'm probably going to submit something for this - just waiting to see if my trumpet player is going to be able to record before the deadline.

I'd also be more than happy to supply some HQ orchestral parts if people want/need them.

good luck everybody

This project keeps looking better and better, I'm glad to be on board. Also, if anyone who is skilled with orchestral work/samples wants to contact me and collab on M-Boss I'd be very grateful, or I guess just anyone in general who is down for making something epic. Just shoot me a PM or something.

Hey... Sounds like ProtoTypeRaptor can do some orchestra. Read the post above you.

I wish I could help you out with that, sadly, my skills at the present are limited to vocals only...XD

Oh, and JaDE ARaN HaRuNo, how's this for a title!!!

"Wild ARMs: Lyric of A Dream Chaser"

it just popped into my head randomly about 5 minutes ago after looking at the art book in my collectors edition of 5 I just totally bought today at Gamestop...and I bought Mega Man X: Command Mission, and I'll have my own copy of Wild ARMs 1 in just a couple of weeks!!! I'd mention this elsewhere, but Jade seems to be frequenting here moreso than her IM's....

Thanks for being such an inspiring project!

I wish I could help you out with that, sadly, my skills at the present are limited to vocals only...XD

Oh, and JaDE ARaN HaRuNo, how's this for a title!!!

"Wild ARMs: Lyric of A Dream Chaser"

it just popped into my head randomly about 5 minutes ago after looking at the art book in my collectors edition of 5 I just totally bought today at Gamestop...and I bought Mega Man X: Command Mission, and I'll have my own copy of Wild ARMs 1 in just a couple of weeks!!! I'd mention this elsewhere, but Jade seems to be frequenting here moreso than her IM's....

Thanks for being such an inspiring project!

I don't know if I feel the "Lyric" part. But I love dream chaser.

Mega Man X: Command Mission? 8-O I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE that game!!! My computer's name is "Command Mission." lol

Anyway, I'm probably going to submit something for this - just waiting to see if my trumpet player is going to be able to record before the deadline. I'd also be more than happy to supply some HQ orchestral parts if people want/need them.

1. I sent you a PM a few days ago, but you never replied...so I was hoping to hear back from you. Thanks for posting, at least.

2. What deadline?

3. The Vagrance needs orchestra for M-BOSS. It's the random encounter theme. Interested at all?

Someone sucks at reading (me)

It's okay. lol Keeping up with thread posts is hard for me right now, but I'll get better too.

Lyric is a synonym for song/melody, think Windwaker...the Earth God's Hymn/the Wind God's Lyric...it doesn't in anyway suggest there being words in the music...

I also bought SGX's Hero of the Gray Matter and i.transmit.this EP! so now I have that Nicole Adams song I really wanted!!! I'm so happy!!! I'll be getting physical copies by mail in a couple of weeks

and as soon as it gets here I won't have to borrow Wild ARMs either...I'll have my own copy...that'll give me 1, 2, and 5, I'm just lacking 3, 4 and Alter Code F

So.... Would it be bad if I suddenly took a thrash metal route with Agitation to Destruction...

I'm just feelin' it. like... yea

LOL You're already working on your WIP?

Lyric is a synonym for song/melody, think Windwaker...the Earth God's Hymn/the Wind God's Lyric...it doesn't in anyway suggest there being words in the music...

I also bought SGX's Hero of the Gray Matter and i.transmit.this EP! so now I have that Nicole Adams song I really wanted!!! I'm so happy!!! I'll be getting physical copies by mail in a couple of weeks

Well, I know what ya mean... but I'm feeling more of a western/space kind of feel for the title. You'll see when you play it.

And Nicole Adams - ugh... :( She said no to joining my project. I've been so bummed out about that.

Hon, the only reason I'm not playing it right now is because it froze last night during the boss battle in the tomb...the one after joining the charas in Adelhyde...XD and I know what you mean, I'll see if I can't find a more western style synonym for song...you know I'm going to keep bouncing ideas off of you...XD

Sorry she rejected, I'm sure she's just really busy with her own stuff right now...but she did offer to give me feedback on Theophany and my track...

Well... kinda. I always give myself a long idea phase.

The extent of the work was a mad bass solo this morning and a massive nasty (good) guitar stuff.

Also, Primus.

hahaha Well, yeah... I need some more rock and orchestra since I already have a nice electronic line up... Can't wait to hear it! ;)

Ah, another thing I forgot to mention...sorry. I'm just so busy. @.@ The song you picked is PERFECT for your mash up. haha That's the Metal Demon theme. They're basically the race that wants to ruin and rule the world.