Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous - History

Jenz Drake

Can't wait to hear the results of this. Love me some Wild ARMs.

Good luck getting Dale to do anything. You know he's busy when he didn't even have enough time to do something for CHRONOTORIOUS.

Ah.. Some Joe Cam love. :) Thanks for dropping by.

And yeah, I have my fingers crossed, but he replied to my e-mail pretty quick and said "I'm in." so I dunno... We shall see.

Sort of off topic for a bit, but do you find yourself prefering the UAD plugs over the creamware/powercore ones? Just asking because I'm thinking about sinking some money into one of the above and I've heard great things about all of 'em...

Anyway, I'm probably going to submit something for this - just waiting to see if my trumpet player is going to be able to record before the deadline.

I'd also be more than happy to supply some HQ orchestral parts if people want/need them.

good luck everybody

Honestly creamware has some of the highest quality of the three for certain processors...but its not worth the hassle. its now sonic-core, bought out, so they wouldn't go into insolvency. Can be VERY finicky to get everything up and running but once it is, its insanely rock stable with an amazing platform for synths fx and supreme asio drivers.

Of the 3 though, if i had to choose, it would be the uad-1. If you want to be set for life (for now) get the uad-2 quad extreme ultra mega hugeness and you won't really need anything else. I use all 3 together though for certain plugins on each platform, each one has their strengths and weaknesses which is why I have all of them :P

hahaha Well, yeah... I need some more rock and orchestra since I already have a nice electronic line up... Can't wait to hear it! ;)

Ah, another thing I forgot to mention...sorry. I'm just so busy. @.@ The song you picked is PERFECT for your mash up. haha That's the Metal Demon theme. They're basically the race that wants to ruin and rule the world.

Oh, Believe me, I understand being busy! :D

Awesome, I'll take it in that direction then. I don't have the time or desire to play, so I'm cheating and watching a lets play...

(Dear god, how low I have flown)

Wootah! I've always wanted more Wild Arms love on OCR, never expected a whole album though.

Although I didn't know any of the songs by these names, and just spent the last 10 minutes figuring out which ones I'm eager to hear, I'm glad to see they're well represented (Eagerly awaiting Beatdrop's take on "Battle Demon"!). Have to say though I'm super curious about who's covering "Kishum Flame", I loved that tune in the game.

On a completely separate note, how did everybody else pronounce "Elw" when they played the game?

I had one friend pronounce it "Yewl", while another said "Lew". When I first played the game I used an awkward "El-wuh" but then I started thinking the "w" was just a mistranslation, or typo, of a "v" and I just started thinking of them as elves. Then the internet came along and I saw mp3's named like "Village of the Eru", and now I just checked Wikipedia, and it says it's pronounced "el-loo", so I guess that's where it sits.

I think next time I play it though I'm gonna call them El-wuhs.

Wootah! I've always wanted more Wild Arms love on OCR, never expected a whole album though.

Although I didn't know any of the songs by these names, and just spent the last 10 minutes figuring out which ones I'm eager to hear, I'm glad to see they're well represented (Eagerly awaiting Beatdrop's take on "Battle Demon"!). Have to say though I'm super curious about who's covering "Kishum Flame", I loved that tune in the game.

On a completely separate note, how did everybody else pronounce "Elw" when they played the game?

I had one friend pronounce it "Yewl", while another said "Lew". When I first played the game I used an awkward "El-wuh" but then I started thinking the "w" was just a mistranslation, or typo, of a "v" and I just started thinking of them as elves. Then the internet came along and I saw mp3's named like "Village of the Eru", and now I just checked Wikipedia, and it says it's pronounced "el-loo", so I guess that's where it sits.

I think next time I play it though I'm gonna call them El-wuhs.

ROFLMAO Your post made me crack up... You're going on a jolly ride with the "Elw" word. lol I used to pronouce it "el-loo" before I looked it up on Wiki. You're so silly. :P

As far as the secret outsider... Can't spoil it. :) You will just have to see in the near future. Are there any you would like to claim? :-P

My mind just didn't even want to pronounce the Elw...I just called them the El-wuhs, but now that the translation is supposed to be El-loo, then I look forward to using the cleaner pronunciation...hopefully I can trust the old clunker PS2 to not freeze today...I need mine back!!!

ROFLMAO Your post made me crack up... You're going on a jolly ride with the "Elw" word. lol I used to pronouce it "el-loo" before I looked it up on Wiki. You're so silly. :P

As far as the secret outsider... Can't spoil it. :) You will just have to see in the near future. Are there any you would like to claim? :-P

Yea... you guys are going to have to wait it out.

Yep yep yep... Thanks to Bahamut and bLiNd that it was moved. :)

I also want to discuss a few things with the remixers that claimed tracks. Bahamut brought up a valid point and I want to take it into consideration. It would be much better if everyone came into 1 chatroom and discussed it with me so I can say it to all of you at once, but I doubt that'll be possible. ::sigh:: As for now, enjoy the fact that the project is now official and I will be setting the WIP date tomorrow.

That's pretty much the fastest I've ever seen a Project thread moved here. Congrats on becoming semi-official! :-)

Then again this was first proposed in January, but as far as I know it got revived and then Jade leveraged her leet skillz and got a bunch of people signed on before posting the grand announcement.

It's the way most projects should be done honesetly. Recruit people... THEN post the thread to recruit more people.