Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous - History

Jenz Drake

Well I just started learning a new recording program.. I did sort of "start" on the song, but it's just like 20 seconds worth of figuring stuff out. With the new program I can write as I go, and I don't have to like, do it in pieces anymore. I should be able to get better sounds for my music now though, because I will actually be able to hear what I'm working on while I'm doing it!

But um... I was sort of hoping just everyone who passed through here would see it and volunteer. I don't know where to begin with pming people, I think people get annoyed with them :I

BUMPIN' THIS!

Opened up 14 songs (if I know how to count) so I'm going to be looking for remixers sometime this week. If anyone would like to help with that or recommend anyone to me from DoD (with s/ns or e-mail addresses) it would be helpful. Thanks.

I'm really looking for rockers that can provide me something, but I'll still take electronic producers. I'm not shutting everyone out completely, I would just like to level this album with electronic/rock - 50/50.

Hi. New song is 4:48 and is written, I'm recording some of the last guitar rhythms, then I'll do solo parts, bass, key elements...

There's 4 people who might be signed on for screams, including me, luke, Jade, and maybe blind? So I mean, that's a decent amount but I'd like to get a handful more people involved if possible. I'm going to try to ask a couple people but seriously, if you see this, please consider recording about a minute of anguished yells like if you're being killed. :)

Thanks

Hi. New song is 4:48 and is written, I'm recording some of the last guitar rhythms, then I'll do solo parts, bass, key elements...

There's 4 people who might be signed on for screams, including me, luke, Jade, and maybe blind? So I mean, that's a decent amount but I'd like to get a handful more people involved if possible. I'm going to try to ask a couple people but seriously, if you see this, please consider recording about a minute of anguished yells like if you're being killed. :)

Thanks

I'll admit that I'd really like to try for this, but it would be highly tentative for me currently.

Also I have couple of questions: When exactly is the deadline for this? Also exactly what kind of file formats is preferred? (I don't really have access to a recording studio or anything like that. I mean I'll be working of my laptop microphone.)

Thanks

320kbps MP3 is probably fine, I don't expect everyone to send a big ol' WAV file. It'll probably be 2 or 3mb for a minute of tortured yelling. I almost have the actual song done, I was just about to bring it down here and upload it for Jade to hear. I'm new to Cubase so I have yet to figure out how to do a highpass filter and stuff like that, so it's a bit thick. :(

I'm looking forward to all the screams from people! Feel free to email your mp3s to oinkness@gmail.com. Cyril and Biznut said they'd be interested on Irc, so this is going to be a pretty good turnout. I think even Hubbard said he'd try. I can't wait to hear what a sports announcer sounds like when he's being tortured. Not enough women though. Jade's going to have to record a few tracks to make up for it, and put on different voices. ;D

Oh, deadline... I don't think there is one. Just be comfortable I guess, you're not rushed, unless Jade says so!

Since this project started, I've had one deadline in mind, but I've wanted to keep that secret. The hint is in the deadlines themselves. I also don't want to announce that because it might not work out or it might release before....just depends on the artist's pace. I have been telling people lately the faster they give me tracks, the faster I can release their work aka project.

Brandon - the WIP sounds great, but it really does need those screams. =) I would ask Monobrow, Starla and LuIzA for female screams. See if they're interested.

Brandon was quite pleased with my screaming and asked me if I would post a link to the agonzing screams I sent him, so you could have an idea of what he is looking for. If you're stuff is along these lines, he'll be happy.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh

I was actually rolling around on the ground and writhing. I like to really get into my role, whatever it may be.

ASLO (its the new also)

I would like to be put on the AVAILABLE FOR COLLAB LIST, for vocals/guitarage/anything related to techno.

I am a tenor, and I sing well.

Alriiiight.

Brandon was quite pleased with my screaming and asked me if I would post a link to the agonzing screams I sent him, so you could have an idea of what he is looking for. If you're stuff is along these lines, he'll be happy.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh

This...

Made me laugh...although I didn't have the same image just64helpin did, I was actually picturing a bad exorcism gone awry

Well I'd appreciate if you could either stop laughing, or not share the fact that you're laughing. It takes a lot of confidence to make a recording like this and any ridicule will undoubtedly make people feel self-conscious and possibly prevent others from contributing their performances. I say you guys should put your money where your mouth is and record your own tracks. Not so I can laugh at them. But for the song.

Thanks Brandon;

I'm not too concerned if people laugh. I'm pretty sure I chuckled when I listened to it.

Brandon said he wanted some screams and I was all set up to do it, so I just did it. If I am not mistaken, that is more than the rest of you lazy farts have done, so get crackin! This man needs some files already! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!