Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous - History

Jenz Drake

I'm going to copy and paste this because he said it best...with a bit of editing work, of course.

Ok, we've reached a little bit of a roadblock because a project artist broke my trust and leaked (and attempted to SELL) his project tracks without my consent. So, we're now 3 WAVs down.

If you can do a rock/electronic/piano/acoustic/orchestra or any other appropriate genre that can fit with the album flow, please get in touch ASAP.

As a note to other artists, please do not release your songs ahead of time without my express permission. I'm not opposed to you putting out teasers but do not put out any project material without asking me!!

Guess what today is?! It is your next check point on the race track. We will be ready for your new WIPs, final tracks, and any updates you need to turn in and we will be providing feedback asap. Keep up the good work! We can make this happen by our goal dates if we stay focused. I have picked up a few more tracks myself because of tracks that have dropped so I will help carry the load with you all. Also if we haven't heard from you lately, or if you haven't turned in a track, expect us to contact you! :P

<3<3

To ArtemBank/redshojin: Which one do you have your sights set on?

To the director(s): Two questions. What will you do about Abbey, Quick, Escapable, Agitation, and Separate? And how will we replace the tracks for Cold, Torn Apart, and Moon?

I can't believe it's only 5 months until all the WAVs are due! *cheers on the finished status of Asgard*

• 1 month later...

I decided not to do one since the cut off is in September. Figured it's better as a surprise than a major tease. Still want some more tracks finished any way before I were to reveal anything. This project is under severe secret. Don't mind the way I work, please. ~_^ But I'll think about it and see what I can do.

To let everyone know as well - I have 2 jobs right now and working 50-60 hours a week. Working SUPER hard to pay off my debt and save up for MAGFest X 'cos I WILL be going no matter what! Debt right now in my life is priority, though. Cutting a lot of fun for the time being until I'm back on my feet once again.

I love everyone here and hope we're all still working on our tracks. I sent a message to everyone already who needed to be contacted to inform I'm still alive and hoping to complete this project to start on another one next spring or summer! That one is under wraps so please don't ask what it is. It won't be Wild ARMS 2 or Final Fantasy X. I got something else in mind. I won't be using OC ReMix's forums because I want this project to remain in secret until it's release.

Other than that, please everyone... finish up your tracks. A lot of you are so close in getting done. I know you can do it and move forth. The others, I will be removing soon if I do not hear from them. Want this project out and released by December so please keep in mind that the September 1st deadline is still set in stone.

Out of those 80 tracks, is anyone here predicting that about 70 of them will get WAVS before August ends?

To JaDE: It's probably better that I don't know about your next project until it releases, for two reasons: 1) I could never appreciate the source as much as Wild ARMs, my favorite PSX game in all its history. 2) In the off-chance that I did, I wouldn't want to see the project at its slowest. Not related to you, but almost every project is destined to run into standstills every now and then.

I'm thinking about submitting my track. I have a good feeling about it, but do you guys think its ready?

You could try submitting it to the judge's panel and see what they say. The only thing they could mention are the midis in your track... unless you're willing to update/change that.

That is...if I'm thinking of the same track..

• 4 weeks later...

Man, this project is becoming an absolute monster. Just having 46ish almost finished tracks is simply ridiculous. Would that make this the largest project in OCR Project history? I'm thinking, "yes".

Gotta say, the anticipation for this finished project is killing me. Been killing me. For, like, years. BUT I BELIEVE IN YOU GUYS.

That's 46 finished tracks out of 78, and the project still has months before the final deadline. It might not make all the tracks, but it'll compete with any other album on here in terms of shear volume. I think it'll be at least as impressive as those other two projects in scale, when it's all said and done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey!

If there's still time, I'd like to help in some way! I can contribute with electric guitar (solo/rhythm), bass and tenor vocals, and I can also arrange The Sky Is Being Torn Apart rock-style (maybe using Omen of Ostracism as an intro). The one thing I can't really do is mixing, 'cause I still don't have good enough gear for that.

As an example of my work, there's this Chrono Cross' Scars of Time rock arrangement I did (it didn't get past the judges here because of the poor mixing):

Hope there's still room for another one :grin:!