Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous - History

Jenz Drake

wow, I'm gone for 12 hours, and everything changes again...LOL btw, since people want to deviate the name, I was thinking Filgaia's Enchanting Melodies, Or, since there's an 'a' theme running around..."Melodia Enchantica Filgaia" I dunno...

Awesome, good cast list so far Jade, keep up the good work ;) I think I'm going to do some work on a draft of Defeated this weekend to see if I have the skills worth adding to the album...

keep up the good work guys!

Things always change in a project... Nothing can be final until a year down the road from this project... haha Artists can leave at any time. You never know what may happen. Project title is the last thing on my mind anyway... Gotta hunt for more artists.

Anyone who wants to get a hold of me though.. I won't be around tonight. I'm afk. :P

Okay, I really don't mean to gush, but I'm absolutely having one of those "Oh my god, I'm on a project with *person* and *person* and WHAT, *person*?!?". I feel starstruck all over again.

We'll see how long it takes for those new instruments to get here, until then I'll be interpreting the song and writing the arrangement.

LMAOOOOOO - dude I had NO IDEA it would come to this state. I *tried* and look what present was delivered to me! :D I have worked 40 hours PLUS overtime on this lately... with no sleep. haha I know I need to sleep, but I'm too excited. T_T

And woooooo, 'new instruments'? :o You bought instruments?

He probably thought, "There's a remix project? I better get new instruments!"

It's all for you.

Heh well, considering what I've decided to do with the song, as well as having list of things that I've had in mind to get and experiment with anyway, I guess the timing was right to finally make the purchase. So...yes and no.

Watch out, Arcana, because when these get here, you can bet I'll be using them for OHC as well!

It's great to see all the people on-board, as well as those interested-but-not-yet-comitted. Don't burn yourself out too soon, Jade. Get some sleep!

I suddenly feel bad, I can't play ANY instruments, nor can I read sheet music, I always have to play music by ear...which I can recreate something just by listening to it...the only thing I have is FL Studio 8 and Adobe Audition to use for stuff like that...XD

Dude, I can't play instruments either. And I'm terrible at playing stuff by ear. We make do with what we've got though.

I'm kind of wondering, now that I'm looking through the thread, I see there's a lot of tracks that are unclaimed. I haven't had time to go through them all, but if this Defeated track works out well, would you be down for claiming others? Maybe I'm just excited to finally be part of an ocr remix project, but it's kind of tempting me to start looking for other tracks to claim before we've even gotten started o_O

Mezedude would not be pleased :D

most def. it's just a matter of me playing a game, I haven't listened to much of disc 2, mainly disc 1 because I haven't bothered listening in a while, I'll be playing, or rather will start playing Wild Arms now...so if I get a feel for any other music I'd like to do that isn't claimed, I'll send the track your way, for now, let's focus on the one we have and leave the other openings for now, Jade will probably get most of them filled soon anyway, this is a recent project, and I want to see how well I can prove myself vocally before I try anything...I've never really recorded myself singing before, and if my singing voice sounds as bad as my normal voice does over the phone, then I may give up entirely, j/k

I'm kind of wondering, now that I'm looking through the thread, I see there's a lot of tracks that are unclaimed. I haven't had time to go through them all, but if this Defeated track works out well, would you be down for claiming others? Maybe I'm just excited to finally be part of an ocr remix project, but it's kind of tempting me to start looking for other tracks to claim before we've even gotten started o_O

Mezedude would not be pleased :D

lmao Whenever you get the chance to listen to the soundtrack...(it has 79 tracks btw) there is a possibly you can claim more. It just depends. I'm still waiting on others to reply to me. They are slowly and surely coming through to me.

And btw, if any of you need help with vocals or guitar work... Cyril the Wolf is the man.

He plays bass, sings, and plays rhythm guitar. He also has an acoustic guitar with a good mic if anyone just needs a strummed acoustic thing or simple picking pattern.

i don't really agree with this. i think i'm perfectly capable of mastering my own stuff properly. also, i feel like having someone else master my track would dilute the experience for me.

though an optional service of the same nature would be perfectly fine

Yes I used to think the same thing. Regardless of how good you are at mastering, the actual sound quality depends on what you are using to master it. I have an extensive collection of pro software for mastering (all non-native DSP based stuff, spent probably 2000 bucks on these plugins alone) If you want to look into the uad-1 precision mastering plugins, sonic-core mastering plugins, and powercore mastering plugins, you will see what I mean. So I recommend giving them to me anyway :P