Out of all the video games out there, which one has the most skilled ninja?

Mr Azar

Damn. You fanboys drive a hard game these days. We love all these characters - Shinobi, Goemon, Batman (who is actually a superhero with ninja influence), and of course, the greatest of all - fuckin' Ryu Hayabusa. Give it up people. It's like bringing dollar store water guns to a super soaker convention. YOU CAN'T WIN!!!

I honestly don't even see Ryu Hayabusa as a ninja any more. He's forsaken all elements of stealth, creativity, and cunning in his combat and instead has changed to over-the-top gory hack n' slash. This isn't a bad thing, it just puts him in the league of Dante and Kratos rather than Tenchu and Goemon. Quite honestly I think Batman and Solid Snake are better 'ninjas' then Ryu ever was. Of course I'd have to go with The Batman as my favorite all-time :)

I honestly don't even see Ryu Hayabusa as a ninja any more. He's forsaken all elements of stealth, creativity, and cunning in his combat and instead has changed to over-the-top gory hack n' slash. This isn't a bad thing, it just puts him in the league of Dante and Kratos rather than Tenchu and Goemon. Quite honestly I think Batman and Solid Snake are better 'ninjas' then Ryu ever was. Of course I'd have to go with The Batman as my favorite all-time :)

We're not talking about Ryu in Ninja Gaiden 2. Were talking about Ryu in Ninja Gaiden II. There's a big difference homeboy. Of course, we love Ninja/Pirate Ryu as well.

Which game(s) did this happen in?

both of the ones released in the past 10 years. the ones that did nothing Devil May Cry hadn't done before it (aside from admittedly more difficult bosses). Ninja Gaiden for the xbawks (plus black, sigma for the PS3) and Ninja Gaiden II for the 360. Not saying they're bad games or that Ryu Hayabusa wouldn't hold his own in a fight, just that hacking everything in sight to pieces isn't the ideal thing for a ninja to do. Maybe selectively hacking things into pieces, and sneaking around the rest of the time :)

It's true, he's not much for sneaking around. If he says he's a ninja, he's a ninja.

I personally like his high octane approach. Though the game play may be similar with Devil May Cry it's far better in Ninja Gaiden. As characters go Ryu is a much much better protagonist than any of the DMC characters - In my opinion...obviously.