OCR01802 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "Claustrophobia"

djpretzel

Hey, this sounds really good, great work!

Now to Forderz and everyone else, It is quite obvious that both DKC2 and 3 are vastly inferior to DKC1, it is the founder and leader of them all, the music (Theme somg, Ice cave, to name a few) is heavenly and the game is the best, it is my very favorite SNES game ever and ONE of my all time favorite games ever (on anything console or computer). Just keep that in mind.Lol

Awesome stuff AnSo, as always. Great tech mix of the cave theme. And I agree. There's not enough DKC3 love out there. We need more! We've had an album project for DKC1, there needs to be a DKC2 and 3 album as well. Those are still two of my favorite game soundtracks. Hey wait a sec...

ATTENTION REMIXERS!!

PLEASE MAKE A DKC2 AND DKC3 ALBUM!!

I can see it now. Sixto could rock out the rock-climbing theme. Sephfire could do a killer tech/industrial revamp of the factory. BGC could pump some serious adrenaline into the boss themes. CotMM could make the beehive as dark and ominous as Hell. zircon could do a tech/new age forrest interpretation. Malcos or DJP could jazz up Funky's themes. And bLiNd could trance out the rollercoaster! It would be AWESOME!! But those are just my ideas.

Sorry for going off on a tangent. Great work AnSo. Can't wait for the next.

Seriously, though. We'd love to see a DKC2 and 3 album.

Pleeeeeeeeeeease.

Nobody likes this remix, they just use the review thread for begging and fanboying :'(

*cough*

Awesome stuff AnSo, as always. Great tech mix of the cave theme.

Hey, this sounds really good, great work!

Seriously though, this one takes me back. Great mix!

At first the bells sounded out of place here, but then, everything just works. Nice, techno, and ambient.

The more I listen to this, the more I like it.

Great job. :nicework:

Dude, it's only been out for a day or two. Gnällspik. :P

I like it. It's a little weird, I was expecting something harder, noisier. It also gets a little repetitive, sounds like this was just a source track you found and wanted to do something with and then subbed when it was long enough. It's by no means unenjoyable, it's just a little difficult to review, I think.

It's got a very pleasant sound, which I'm gonna try to emulate when I've got time for it. The flute-like synth towards the last quarter of the remix is especially cool, and it works well with the bells. The bells, btw, make it sounds a bit like a xmas tune.

About time someone took care of this. I made a wip featuring this source tune about a year ago... it was pretty different from this one. I like this one a lot though, it sounds like a mix of System Shock 2 and... well, DKC3, but on the Mega Drive ;-) A mix of filtered and FM-ish pads and leads make for a very soft electronic sound. Very easy on the ears, and very much appreciated.

Heja AnSo!

The feeling of the title you gave it really comes out in the bridge. Also, the syncopation/stuttering that you added to the lead around 2:10 was fun. On a whim I slowed down the play back in VLC, and your remix turned into this effing sexy downtempo-ish song. Try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of cool effects going on here, as your songs tend to have. Gentle but a good solid beat, very easy to lose yourself in and lends itself well to repeating. I kept expecting the chord progression to get modified sometime, especially around 3:24, but it never happened. I guess this is something for me to do if I ever take on this theme!

The break beat is nice. I can't say that I don't like this song because it's so cool. When you can do the breat beat properly, it works. The other instruments, (especially the bells) make it fun to listen to...distorting the sounds is fun and works with this remix. It goes too far, however, making me forget about the game it's for. I want a remix with less distortion, so that I can hear the original song sounds.

• 2 weeks later...
This is nice, and I'm not just saying that because I have a soft spot for mixes that are titled after an irrational fear and utilize stuttering/gating effects. A few of the synths sound a tad generic, but the pads, gating effects, and overall arrangement make up for it in my opinion.

Thanks :3 In my defense re: vanilla synths I went for vanilla electronica sound so this vote is a victory for me!

• 3 weeks later...

A little too repetitive for me, but what is here is good. The track does progress texturally and there is a lot of arrangement personalization, but i'm not sure the source is melodically strong enough to support this style of mixing. Production is great, and i think the soundscape is great, but there really isn't a huge hook or anything.

Good but not great stuff from the super-prolific AnSo.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

No reviews for over a year! Here we go...

Love the bells and the super-tight metallic drums that come in, they're really interesting and liven up a pretty boring source tune. The pads help with the feeling of claustrophobia by sounding a bit foreboding, giving me a sense of uneasiness whilst listening to this. It does a very good job of that, although it doesn't seem to go anywhere after that and I'd perhaps like some sort of "relief" section at the end. Instead it sounds like it wants to spill over into a trance track. Overall I like it, but it seems to lack direction.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01802 - Donkey Kong Country 3 (SNES) "Claustrophobia"