Prodigy - Omen

ambient

Started listening to it myself today.

Invaders Must Die - 6/10 - I like it, but it could get old fast.

Omen - 8/10 (I prefer the music video edit, but that's just me)

Thunder - 4.5/10 - Just missing something to me...

Colours - 7/10 - good, but not great

Take me to the Hospital - 8/10 - good stuff

Warrior's Dance - 9/10 - Sofar, my favorite track. good groove.

Run with the Wolves - 3/10 - Ugh. Just don't like this song.

Omen Reprise - 9.5/10 - I wish this one was six times as long and further expanded on. Hot stuff.

World's On Fire - 5/10 - another less than stellar track.

Piranha - 6/10 - Catchy, but not their best effort.

Stand Up - 4.5/10 - An experiment, but not a great one. Catchy tune, but it's not what you'd expect...

Overall: 6/10. It's good, but parts are forgettable. Omen, Take me to the Hospital and Warrior's Dance are the standouts.

There most certainly are some similarities between this album and recent Pendulum (I'm certain that Liam and Rob influence one another's work). Invaders Must Die in particular, stands out as an example of this. I thought they could have done more with the drums on this track, and the main hook annoyed me a bit but the vocal sample was cool.

Omen had a solid, chunky bassline. Thunder had the weakest vocals of the album.

Definitely enjoyed the throwbacks to old breakbeat hardcore rhythms on tracks such as Warrior's Dance. Lately I've been listening to a bit of oldschool stuff (namely 4hero/Reinforced Records, DJ Crystl/Lucky Spin Recordings, etc) and it's nice to see that people are still digging the oldschool vibe. :D

Stand Up seemed a little out of place, but I quite enjoyed it nonetheless.

I've only listened to the album once so far and am feeling a little ambivalent about it as I'm sure you can guess. :tomatoface: Either way, it's good to see The Prodigy back and releasing new music.

As a sort of side-note, the Noisia remix of Omen is sick. Looking forward to hearing more remixes from this album; would love to hear a rougher version of Warrior's Dance in particular.