Yoshi's Island Final Boss Music

SwordBreaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqICpgPMNFo

EPIC and extremely underrated track...really suits how epic and surprising the final boss fight of Yoshi's Island was. I remember being surprised by the change of viewpoint here...really didn't expect it.

I would love for our talented guitarists to show off some skillz and solos with this one, but any genre or remixer would do as long this track is shown justice. I think it's one of Kondo's catchiest works and beats Mario 64's Bowser Theme.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just a quick update. I already did the drum track and laid down the rhythm guitars. I even did one of the solos for my breakdown section. Tomorrow i'll probably do the bass line and choir/orchestra's for the intro and interlude parts i included in the mix.

All in all, its shaping up. When it gets to a pretty good state i'll post it here and in the WIP forum as well.

I'm almost to the point of posting a WIP. I've now got the bass track and almost all the leads done as well. I've also got all the orchestration and such done for other parts of the mix. This is on top of the rhythm guitars and drums i had already had done. I still need to the intro orchestra/choir parts i wanna transcribe into the mix.

I've still got a lot mixing to do, but almost all the writing is now done. :D

Alright. I've got a pretty good WIP for you guys to check out. All of the writing is done, unless i wanna go back and touch something up. As for the production, most of that is done as well. I think just minor touches have to be here and there with the volumes and EQs. All in all, i had a lot of fun remixing this one. The source tune is awesome and i'm hoping i did it justice with this mix.

Let me know what ya guys think. :D

WIP: http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=242

or

stats.png

• 5 months later...

Let me know what ya guys think. :D

WIP: http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=242

or

stats.png

Have I died and gone to heaven?

My only gripe with this is that the lead guitar is lost in the mix, I feel, with the other guitars going at it. Make the lead more pronounced, or back the volume off the other guitars somewhat. I can't wait to see what else you do with it, man!

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...