Ninja Turtles' comeback in gaming?

SwordBreaker

The trailer seems to indicate that there are a lot of playable characters in the mix.

Also, the recent IGN interview sounds promising. Turns out GameArts isn't the only developer for this game. A bulk of Team Ninja are helping out as well. Ubisoft really did a good job in getting these awesome teams under one roof. They also don't want this game to be a cheap Smash clone.

I'm going to remain optimistic about this game. Can't wait for more details.

I really can't wait to fight as Splinter. He's always been my favorite. I've been a fan of the Turtles since the original animated film. I also really like the SNES Turtles VS fighting game, and I really like Turtles In Time. I really like almost all of the Turtles games - I've even beaten the original on NES.

Screw it, I'm playing Ninja Turtles right frikkin' now.

I've even beaten the original on NES.

Same here! And holy balls, was that hard w/o a Game Genie (I beat it w/o one). That one jump in the sewers near the end...... where there is no room to jump......so hard......

I know there's a youtube vid of it somewhere, I'll have to dig it up.

On topic, I'm looking forward to this game big time. I'm sure once the gameplay footage rolls out it'll determine right then if its a day 0 pickup, or spend 0 on it.

Every time I see this thread, I think, When did they leave gaming?

Mid-90s, right? Remember that female turtle they tried to introduce in the show? :?

And I for one almost shouted for joy when I saw the old-style logo at the end of that trailer vid.

Also, moar love for TMNT the Arcade Game plz!

Also, moar love for TMNT the Arcade Game plz!

Yes! I loved brawlers/hack-n-slash games growing up; the TMNT and Final Fight arcade games were my favorites. Although these days, I'm not as much of a fan unless I'm playing it with someone else.

I still have to suspend my disbelief when I hear of folks who have beaten the first game for the NES, though. I mean, I know it's possible, but for how insanely difficult it was, it's hard to imagine. KF

Just played Turtles 2 for NES the other day (like I said I would). I tried beating the first Turtles last year, but I gave up after my frustration. I beat it when I was a kid though, and when the wind is blowing right, I will beat it again. It's a frikkin' hard game. Don't let Donatello die.

• 2 weeks later...
+1 :-D

i recall having the the bed sheets and a laundry bin

and raphael was my boy

Ditto on the sheets and Raph. I think I still have a couple of sets of those TMNT sheets lying around in my closet somewhere.

I remember when I had my leg in a cast when I was 5 during Halloween, I was the only Raphael (or Ninja Turtle) out there on crutches, ohh yeah.

Have you seen the 2007 TMNT film yet? Raph has a pretty badass role in that.

When I was a wee boy I had three loves, and the Ninja Turtles was one of them. I had bedspreads/sheets, lunchboxes, thermoses, shirts, pajamas, watches, even red and green plastic TMNT tennis shoes, and of course, the video games. I loved all the NES Ninja Turtles games; yes, even the first one. But, I borrowed TMNT for gamecube from one of my friends a couple years ago, and I was sadly disappointed. Hopefully this game will be a return to the greatness of old?

As for my other two loves: Mario of course (I alternated regularly between my TMNT and Mario lunch boxes), and let's just say I still wanna be like Mike.