Awesome Nonsensical Lines from Games/VG Music

K.B.

The best line in the Halo series is undoubtedly in Halo 3.

<Cortana> Did you have a plan for getting us out of here?

<Master Chief> Thought I'd shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.

To keep this post from being entirely off topic, I must register my surprise that no one's quoted from the delightfully terrible Final Fantasy Tactics translation. The two classic ones are, of course, Ramza telling a group of theives to "Surrender now or die in obscurity!", and Delita, in the midst of kidnapping a princess, telling his pursuers "Don't blame me. Blame yourself, or God." I always did wonder why it wasn't his fault that he was kidnapping people... FFT characters occasionaly said "incantations" when they cast spells, and they were universally pretty nonsensical. I liked the one for the Mog summon. "Kupo! Round and round you go! MOOGLE!"

I think that the dialogue you get from your allies is a lot more, uh, interesting than anything that you hear during a cutscene.

For example:

"For your information, they're hazel. Now stop staring!"

And for lulz:

"Cheeky monkey!"

...really, you should just look up the dialogue databanks on halo.bungie.org and see (hear) for yourself.

"I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere, right now. Even though you broke my heart and killed me... and tore me to pieces... and threw every piece into a fire."

And F-Zero X's soundtrack titles, if that counts.

"Fall Down to the Scream"

"All Need is 30 Deaths"

"The Long Distance of Murder"

"Crazy Call at Cry"

I'll always love the unforgettable JRPG-engrish, "Help! I'm being oppressed!", "This guy are sick", "Experience is a skill learned with job training", "Welcome to Assaram" come to mind. That and all those terrible "The End" puns from MGS3. There were some awesome oneliners from SW: TFU though:

Stormtrooper: (after seeing some jedi kill like 15 dudes) "....This one's being stupid, sir."

Stormtrooper: (upon death) "I have... ...no regrets..!!!"

And for some reason, years ago I thought these two were funny enough to take screenshots of:

ct-out_of_closet.jpg

cc-respect.jpg

(if this thread were open to music program error messages, http://rogetmusic.com/temp/sonar_error.jpg would be the clear winner)