Mega Man 9: Back in Blue - History

k-wix

I agree with what people said about the arrangement official capcom OST. That thing was horrible and I had high hopes of it being good but I was really disapointed and I love to see you guys bring it to shame and show capcom that they should hire you guys to do the arrangement ost next time...lol

I feel sorry for whoever picks the state select music. The most horribles of horrible of stage music. That's the only music I hated in Megaman 9 hopefully a remixer can actually do some good and make it actually listenable its... so horrible. Please don't fail me!

Other than that i'm pretty stoke about this project and seeing the mixer listed on the project, I know i'm going to end up happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Meh, too goofy sounding for my taste, as well as some of the other MM5 tunes, in my opinion.

I have the chiptune, and it does not sound goofy in the least bit. In fact, MM5 has a decent soundtrack. You should listen to it again.

I have the chiptune, and it does not sound goofy in the least bit. In fact, MM5 has a decent soundtrack. You should listen to it again.

I meant that the style of the music was "goofier" in general. I didn't mean the composition itself was goofy, the music just had a goofy, cartoony feel to it, if you ask me. It's not a bad soundtrack, but it's my least favorite out of the Mega Man series.

I meant that the style of the music was "goofier" in general. I didn't mean the composition itself was goofy, the music just had a goofy, cartoony feel to it, if you ask me. It's not a bad soundtrack, but it's my least favorite out of the Mega Man series.

I don't understand what goofy is supposed to mean. It's not cartoony in anyway, it can't really be cartoony, it's a CHIPTUNE. Kinda hard to be cartoony. Anyways, it's still a good soundtrack.

Glad to hear you guys doing something with Mega Man 9, but you guys out to check out what these blokes did with it.

Did some hip hop mixes with it..

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/02/04/mega_ran_9

Splash Woman and a few others are pretty good.

Yea, i saw this too while hunting around - Some of the tracks are really well done.

Just letting everyone know that we're targeting April 15th as our first official preview clip date, so you guys will be able to start checking it out then. Some tracks are still open and I'm still looking for mixers and artists.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let you guys know, we're about 1 week away from the first WIP date, and the April 15th teaser clip. Assuming i get a few more mixes, we will be in great shape. I'll be posting it in here when that date rolls around, if any mixers involve see this - please get me your WIP to me ASAP to be included in the preview.

Congrats on getting into the Projects forum!

Thanks Kyle! So, A little status update, At this point im not quite ready to post the teaser clip, I'll just post the update i made on the official website as it sums it up perfectly:

So yea, sorry about this guys, but the teaser is going to have to wait just a FEW more days before It's ready to be unvieled to everyone. This is mainly due to the Easter holidays and I just want to be sure that we get as much of the good stuff as we can packed into the teaser.

I promise to make it up to you guys, how about some project artwork? I'll see what I can come up with on the 20th. Thanks for your patience and support everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting teaser. It'll take more to get me excited, though...'cause I don't see a lot of rock going on thus far. There's only one rock track in there that sounds pretty sweet. I'm not too excited for the techno/house stuff. Mega Man 9's soundtrack begs to be rocked out more than anything else...that's my personal bias. Still, I'm being unfair, these are still Work in Progress after all...and in the spirit of OCR genres have to be mixed up. It's just when I see Mega Man 9 plus the word remix, I always associate the picture with this awesome medley remix:

Best Mega Man 9 remix ever thus far, no offense to you guys.