Mega Man 9: Back in Blue - History

k-wix

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's the update to this Project? it was going really smooth when it first announce last year and it was 6 months or so after Megaman 9. It was moving along nicely we got updates and all and now it's been dead for the last couple months and Megaman 10 came out to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope that this project is finished - with a mixer list like this, if k-wix doesn't get this done, or at least hands it over to someone who does, then he doesn't realise just how hard it is to get a mixer list as high caliber as this.

k-wix, finish this one off or find someone who will, you owe it to yourself and the mixers who have been putting time into this, and its fricken mega man 9, its not like people won't rise to the challenge ;)

Here's the deal. I have a good chunk of artists that just aren't really responsive anymore. I can't seem to get in touch with them and I don't want to release the project 60-70% done if i can avoid it. I mean looking at the track list, MM9 isn't a big one and we only had about 20ish tracks covered to begin with, with those 5-6 songs out - we're looking at maybe releasing with 14 songs, and missing a lot of the *really* good songs on the project. The reason for the delays is that I'm trying to avoid that and give people what I originally promised :) living up the original expectations.

Geckoyamori dropped, Sixto is completely unresponsive - i seriously can't get ahold of him for any amount of time, Jewbei dropped, and i can't seem to get in touch with Ralph Vickers or Fishy.

So that's 5-6 songs that are kinda in limbo - and some of the better songs of the project. been working at getting a few people to step up and help me finish one or two of the dropped tracks and possibly doing one or two myself.

And i really apologize for the lack of updates, been so very busy with life currently. But im going to give people an ultimatum i think - basically an end all deadline and if people can't deliver we'll just launch with what we have - its better then nothing.

So yea, that is basically where we're at. Project started off awesome, but it became very, very difficult to get people to actually finish up and stay onboard the project for an extended period of time. A good number of mixers dropped and the project kinda fell apart and I couldn't really get anyone else to step up and help out. So it kinda stagnates while i try to patch things up - which is never good for a project.

If any solid mixers want to help out and think they can finish a track within the next month or so - go ahead and send me a PM.

#ocremix on irc.esper.net

Sixto and gecko are both on here rather often, and since I haven't seen you, I'm assuming you haven't tried this option??

Would you be open to a co-director coming on board to help coordinate/hassle people or even contribute some tracks his or herself? There might be staff willing to help you see this through and get it released in 2011...

Well I'm taking this opportunity to not only -not- drop out, but to tell you that my mix should be done in the next day or so here. I'm sorry that this slipped my mind, but mine is almost done and I should be turning it in before the end of this weekend.