Mega Man 9: Back in Blue - History

k-wix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
One more mix! I think it's coming this year! I've always wanted a Mega Man album that focused on 1 game in the main series! *Smash Bros style chant* Back in Blue! Back in Blue! Back in Blue! ...

Just wanted to give you guys another update, it looks like the project is un-officially finished. Someone finally met his deadline in style - delivering not one track, but two. Thanks for sticking with me guys :)

Just need to get some information/final versions from the mixers, get a new website set up, (and for those of you who took notice, the official website is currently down - this is due to my web hosting service being abruptly terminated, but i am redesigning the website for a release, just need to organize some things.)

Also gotta talk to some OCR people and figure out an actual release date for the project. Hopefully we can push it out sooner rather then later!

It sounds great that we're coming so close to the end :D

As for "final versions", I do hope you're keeping a hold on the WAV I sent you for mine because I don't even know if I still have the project file after my PC crash in September. But knowing your organisation, I'm sure we should be alright.

Rolling on for the final release... which I must admit I'm still feeling sheepish for :oops:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just to confirm; is this indeed going to be released as an official OCremix Album?

I would say it is very likely at this stage.

does anyone know when the new website (and teaser tracks) will be back up?

As Fileshack literally deleted every file i had stored without so much as an email when it shut down, the original website was mostly lost. We probably wont have another website set up until the projects release. Really sorry.

If anyone still wants to check out the teaser(s), i have no problems uploading them again - just let me know.

As Fileshack literally deleted every file i had stored without so much as an email when it shut down, the original website was mostly lost. We probably wont have another website set up until the projects release. Really sorry.

If anyone still wants to check out the teaser(s), i have no problems uploading them again - just let me know.

Ouch... that's rough. I had mainly just wanted to check out the website to see the proposed track/artist listing, since there isn't one on the first thread post. I stumbled upon this project pretty late, so I haven't been following it since the beginning.

If you could throw the teasers up on box.net or tindeck or something, that would be great though, I'd like to hear them! Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really disappointed this got revived from what I thought was cancellation and I wasn't in the loop. I mean, I had a good WIP and everything, and I never heard a word about this, because I don't come around here really.

I'm not blaming you Dustin but you have emailed me in the past about things...so I assumed it was dead.

It is mostly my fault of course. Around the time I was still working on this I had just started a Master's program (which I just finished in May) so I was a little (lot!) busy with 40-60 hour weeks in school.

Oh well. I just wanted to be in an OCR project for once. Maybe I can get back into remixing since I am out of school and have no job because of this crap economy. Did anyone take Splash Woman since I didn't finish?

***Update***

I had no idea my WIP was still in the project, so I'm back in, thanks Dustin.

• 4 weeks later...