Mega Man 9: Back in Blue - History

k-wix

just PM'd. lol... don't worry, the song I have on OCR is like 8 years old and in no way reflects my current quality =P *fingers crossed*

Some cool stuff, dude.

We're about 10 days out from the Art teaser, I have some awesome artwork too.. We're still hunting for mixers and graphic artists, so if you are interested, there is still time for now, but there wont be for too much longer, as things start getting serious.

This project is shaping up nicely, if you still need someone to take on Stage Select. I have some ideas in mind and possibly Opening 2+3... I can help out.

A cover of Title i did a month or so, done the FM way.

Ignore the Gravity Beetle mix i put up on there, that was one of those lazy mixes.

Just had a listen to the teaser, and I'm really impressed by what's been done so far! There was a fair bit more house/techno than I expected, considering the amount of guitarists that are on, but i digress.

The album as the whole is looking really, really promising, and i can't to hear it when it's out.

I'd contribute if I could... but, I've got next to no gear and I absolutely suck, so I'll just cheer everyone on from the sidelines!

GO MM9 REMIX TEAM! GO! GO! GO! *Waves around giant flag*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey man, I got an idea. Instead of giving us a new teaser, how about giving us a single? I noticed "We are the Robots" is finished and I think it would be a great way to kick the album off. Then if you need even more time past December, you can release another track as a second single.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, are you guys seriously almost done? Damn, I think you'll hold the title of "shortest time to finish a project" around here. But with Humans + Gears and Serious Monkey Business set for release, can we expect an early 2010 release from you guys?

Wow, are you guys seriously almost done? Damn, I think you'll hold the title of "shortest time to finish a project" around here. But with Humans + Gears and Serious Monkey Business set for release, can we expect an early 2010 release from you guys?

Something close to that is certainly what we're aiming for, but.. as always with remix projects delays are almost inevitable, that's one of the reasons why I set the date so early, so if we do get some bad news with mixers, then it's not such a big thing when we have to delay the project. People are busy, myself included. We'll see how it goes, i guess. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to take this opportunity to thank CAPCOM.

I applaud CAPCOM for giving olde-tyme Mega Man fans what they wanted, even when the franchise was at risk from the bad reception of most 3D Mega Man games.

Have you all had any luck coming up with a name for this album? And when you're done with this album, I bet fans would clamor for a Mega Man 2 album.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank CAPCOM.

I applaud CAPCOM for giving olde-tyme Mega Man fans what they wanted, even when the franchise was at risk from the bad reception of most 3D Mega Man games.

Have you all had any luck coming up with a name for this album? And when you're done with this album, I bet fans would clamor for a Mega Man 2 album.

I may infact just stick with 'Megaman 9 Remix Project' .. but I guess to fit in with all the other OCR projects, it should have something... a bit more inspired? I'll work on it. :) Also we may have a secret track or two from mm2.. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE - 11.5.09

Well i suppose it was inevitable. Things we're just going too good. It looks like some unfortunate circumstances have lead to Sixto Sounds & Nekofrog leaving the project. Sixto had a hard drive crash which is always a big pain to deal with, from what I gather he lost quite a bit, including all the project details he was working on. This also means I need to do a bit more recruitment. A few really good songs have opened up so I'll be trying to get a hold of some new mixers. This means if you want one of the new open tracks you should get in touch with me!

The tracks that have opened up are the following:

Plug Electric: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kM-9qEe9lM

Flash in the Dark (Wily1): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltslPAxbUsU

Castle of Evil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6VwbyYjLZE

All of these are *amazing* tracks and I'd really like to have them covered, so if you were looking for a track but didn't see anything you liked before, please give these a listen and let me know if you'd like to take a stab at covering them.

Additionally, this also means our December release date probably isn't going to happen. I'll keep you guys posted and we'll see who i can get to take the tracks. Honestly I'd really like to have 1 more awesome guitar track on the project, but I'm willing to try anything!