Mega Man 9 - Thunder Tornado (Sunshine Remix)

SuperSunshine21

A remix of Tornado Man's theme from Mega Man 9. First time I heard the original in the Mega Man 9-trailer I knew I had to remix it. Not that hard actually, since there are MIDI's out there, the arrangement and structure is basically intact, mostly a matter of sound design (even though I've been lazy with the mixing, though I don't care since it was fun as hell ;P), apart from intro and outro.

The spectrum is pretty full, was challenging fitting all the elements as well as the sfx I wanted to add.

Mega Man 9 - Thunder Tornado (Sunshine Remix)

http://www.mediafire.com/?dygmltizfjn

http://files.filefront.com/Thunder+Tornado+Sunshin​e+xmp3/;13133937;/fileinfo.html​

http://rapidshare.com/files/191239447/Thunder_Torn​ado__Sunshine_Remix_.mp3.html​

Youtube:

http://www.myspace.com/danielsunshinedahl

Still, hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it. =)

Original song:

Good stuff, I did enjoy listening. :razz:

Mhokey, lazy 'my first thoughts' type review here. (I still a noobie so ya know :tomatoface:)

1) Sounds a lot like the original in choices of leads. The drums are different, so is the bass somewhat, but overall, very close to the original with only the transitions to set it apart.

2) Pretty repeditive around 1:20ish, then shortly after it repeats the entire first idea. I'd say something should be done so it isn't just an exact 1 to 1 copy. A bit too much repetition for me in places, but then again, megaman music IS repetitive.

3) I like your high energy breaks, especially at the ending, but they're all pretty much the same type of build-up and sound, almost identical even.

4) Panning and EQ are really not my thing, but nothing jumps out at me; so that's good.

That's all for now

-He

No complaints about sound quality. No complaints about effects or EQ. Cool weather SFX. Good introduction to the beat, weather->drums. Not much variation within the song in either volume or tempo. Almost no difference in the arrangement from the original. Nice use of 8-bit SFX throughout the song. I hear some of the obvious ones (death, energy refill), but also think I hear quickman lasers too (good choice). Like he said, nice transitions. Good energy sustained, clean outtro.

Overall first impression: Not a world-changer, but a whole lot of fun. If there's one thing I'd recommend, it'd be to add a couple pace-changers in the middle. A few instruments drop out, come back, something to make the song stop kinda floating to the back of my consciousness.

Couple listenthroughs: Same thoughts. Very fun little techno mix. You're not re-inventing the wheel here, you're just making it roll better.

Yeah, didn't really think it'd be good enough for submission here (especially since I didn't do much with the overall arrangement, it's basically the same song in terms of structure), just wanted to share the fun. =)

But I'll be bringing your critique with me in future endeavors, so thanks for sharing your thoughts guys. =)

Haha, this is awesome. I don't like the main lead, but other than that, there's plenty of variation and enough UNTZ UNTZ for everybody. And I really liked the chiptune sounds throughout

However, like it has been said, and you know, arrangement kills this. With more arrangement and some more original ideas, this could make it, IMO.

I like it. Saved.

To me, it sounds very cluttered, especially the intro. The overall effect becomes very high energy, but it also makes it a bit hard to listen to. Parts of it seem to calm down just enough to make it very enjoyable without at all losing energy, and those are the parts that make this piece worthwhile.

I'm not saying lose the chiptune FX (cause they're awesome :<), but tone them down in some parts and give them their moments to really shine through. Variation would also help this piece immensly.

What's here is enjoyable, but it's set to MAX VOLUME pretty much the whole time.

Everyone's comments here are pretty much spot on. Too repetitive, no real break from the intensity. But there are many things I liked. The intro is very well done, for instance. I love the jump sfx bouncing from right to left. Production values are high. And the desaturation effect at the end was great; I think you should actually use that sooner so you can include a break with some original stuff. That might fix most of your problems.

Anyway, don't stop now, keep working on this one, it's sounding great.

Anyway, don't stop now, keep working on this one, it's sounding great.

No! </drunk> ;)

But thanks for the comment though!

Thing is I had really fun just making it "trancey", no real intention of submitting it, too much uni work and lack of motivation to add anything of my own, but I'll as mentioned be taking ideas and suggestions with me in future productions (since they are constructive suggestions and good ideas). :)

Save it, share it, spread it that's good enough for me ^^

Not meant to sound rude, just not sober :)