OCR00347 - Suikoden II "Reminiscence (Deep Sleep)"

Saunders

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably my favorate mix peroid.

I've never understood the underwater feel that several have described, but it's just a beautful, relaxing, remix. The best replacement for "sleepy time tea" at the cost of zero dollars

This is by far my favorite ocremix... and the only one that's ever made me cry because it's so beautiful. One of the reasons i stalked hazama until he dissapeared one day. ... but hey, he came back and now i'm like whee. :D

On another note, there's another version of the pop-up remix with ultra bass.

It may not be techno, people.. it may not be happy, even. But it is truly a work of art... that should not be ignored. Thank you, Hazama, for making this wonderfully touching piece a remix to love and cherish forever. :D

~starla

p.s. http://mp3.com/hazama <~ grab "filtered memories.." but only after you get "not enough pancakes."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hazama you rule man, this is by far my favorite remix out of 125 I have saved on my hd. I don't really know jack shit about remixing, but I know what sounds good and this is it. So if your looking for a laid back sad piano tune, this is right up your alley. Hazaman please create more piano remixes!

• 2 months later...

Other people have said it before me, and other people will say it after me, but in my opinion, this is hands down the best mix on this site. Hazama's remix as a straightforward interpretation is actually better than the original AND the string version tracks from Genso II. I agree with the "underwater"/ambient piano feel to this mix, and I could leave it on loop all day and not get tired of it. There are certainly other "tier 1" mixes on OCR, but nothing's touching "Reminiscence (Deep Sleep)" for a very long time.

• 5 weeks later...

Woooo! ...alrighty, time for me to continue my short spree of putting down mixes and generally just pissing people off :? .

I once heard this on one of "Injury's" web radio thingies, but I had to leave in the middle of it. So, finally, I decided to download it... and discovered it was probably good that I left when I did.

The song starts out quite nicely, and is quite impressive and could be described as beautiful. Oddly enough, I found after about a minute or two of the same plinking of the piano, I wanted it to end, but had to endure several minutes of the exact same thing. At least, that's what it sounded like. It was very hard to tell as none of it is all that memorable. I'm absolutely sure some people would love this sort of thing, just not me.

Final verdict: Emotional, but boring, even for a piano piece.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Only my second Review, and I'm getting directed around. And I'm being pointed in the right direction too! This is a quiet, ambient-type mix, the type of which I love to listen to. The whole piece is based around the piano, which hangs in the fore and background. Once or twice there's a few chimes thrown in, to give it a little sparkle. I've never played the game, but it's seeming more worthwhile.

• 2 weeks later...

o_O wow this remix...can't say I hate it can't say I like it...I LOVE IT! Man this remix is sweet and nice. Piano solo throughout the whole song and some added bass to make it a 8) but after that I was like 8O so I went around this song at least 4 times and it made me :cry: ....well not really but then I was like :o but in the end I decided to stick around and dl this song and I came out to be like :twisted: heh heh heh...so tau yeah this songs hard to describe in words sometimes like....laterz 8)

My first review, and I couldn't have reviewed a better mix.

When I first heard the original tune in Suikoden 2, I cried. Last time a piece of game music made me cry was the ending/credits music to Lufia 2.

Oddly with this mix, as pretzel stated, when I close my eyes and listen..I imagine an underwater scene. It brings me peace, but also takes hold of my emotions. It's a beautiful piece indeed, filled with emotion.

I believe that if the composer of the original could hear this, they'd be astonished and moved to tears.

So thank you Hazama, for creating a piece that's made me cry even more than the original has.

• 2 weeks later...

All I have to say is "Ahhhhhhhh".... This mix was one of the most peaceful mixes I have heard. The Piano was beautiful and the strings were wonderful.

Very nice soothing Re-mix, it almost put me to sleep.

Thanks for the remix

Jesse K.

• 3 months later...

I really love these soft mixes, and if you ever played this game you'd realize why it was so sad. Whenever I get a mix, if I had played the game, I have to remember exactly where it came from in the game. And as I listen to it, it takes me back to that part of the game. This song did a very brilliant job at doing just that. Very nice remix ;).

Calabrel - who needs to get himself a sig 8O

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Wow, this is the second rather old (02) mix that my playlist has shuffled to.. and I am blown away. It doesn't make me feel sad, except that it reminds me of when I was little, and I'd play the piano at my grandmother's before she died.

• 6 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00347 - Suikoden II "Reminiscence (Deep Sleep)"