OCR00347 - Suikoden II "Reminiscence (Deep Sleep)"

Saunders

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

So let it be known I have an abnormal hearing range. It's not Dog like, but there is a high pitch whine throughout this entire song. I hope this isn't the watery sound you people were talking about. I was wondering why I got a headache every time I listened to it. Fix this whine and you've got me sold.

I guess that's the downside of having a nice soundcard and phones. It is just this song and it's not a hardware/software issue. I get it in winamp, WMP, itunes, and my nano (but not my old mini because I don't think it could play that. Also it's not my headphones because I got it on my earbuds and my full headphones.

As for the review of the song, it needs more variation. besides just adding violin harmony. It has tension and resolve but no dynamics to flow it with the exception of the bridge around 1:50. I'm only really critical because of the pitch though. I like the song and what the artist developed-- melody and variations and all.

• 1 year later...

There is a high pitched drone going on here, but this source song is one of my all time favorites. This remix is just an extended version of the original though, with no new additions, and a very slightly slowed tempo.

I love the song and this mix a ton, but you can hear almost this exact same version on the original soundtrack.

• 4 weeks later...

Very peaceful. Reminds me of my electronic piano, the way the intro sounds. I heart the strings.

I am a bit disappointed by the abrupt ending however. It seems to be the kind of melody that needs a fade out. Great composition nonetheless.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The first time I heard this, I cried so hard I accidentally tasted my own runny snot. Then I promptly burned this onto a CD as many times as it could fit (as the only song on it). No other ReMix has had that kind of effect on me - that's how powerful a tearjerker this is.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This track came up on NGI 125 and reminded me of the debates I had with GrayLightning during the lockdown. OA's review basically echoes the sentiment we had about this arrangement, and honestly I'm not sure how it survived the purge.

That said, OCR is certainly not any worse off for having this in its in catalog. The fact that it almost didn't make it actually kind of makes me appreciate that it did. There's little, if any, else like it.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00347 - Suikoden II "Reminiscence (Deep Sleep)"