FAC - RESULTS ARE IN! Fan Art Competition 21: Femme Fatales

bonzai!

RESULTS ARE IN

FAC 21

Theme: FEMME FATALES

Welcome to the super sexy February 2009 edition of OCR's "official" Fan Art Competition (FAC)!

A few months late, but as winner of November's FAC, Nyuura gets to choose the theme for this month's competition.

Let's draw chicks who are badass in some way.

-Nyuura

HAWT.

Since this month is so short, try to PM your entries to me by FEBRUARY 22nd.

--------------------------

RESULTS

guys, I feel like a giant douchebag, but I won the competition... :|

IT WAS SO CLOSE THOUGH, there were CRAZY GOOD entries this month, and I'm so thrilled that we had so many new people.

Number 1 - Nyuura, Witch --- 8

Number 2 - Rambo, Marle, Ayla and Lucca --- 10

Number 3 - Ceracryst, Sakura --- 17

Number 4 - Dhsu, Ms. Pacman --- 1

Number 5 - Wolt, Reisz --- 23

Number 6 - piendry, Joanna Dark --- 5

Number 7 - bonzai, Pyro --- 27

Number 8 - olie!, Morrigan --- 5

Number 9 - Chiral, Aya Brea --- 18

Number 10 - Ninja-san, Julie --- 3

Number 11 - Toadofsky, Pokemon --- 2

Number 12 - friendlyHunter, Chunli --- 1

Here are the entries!

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Number 5

Number 6

Number 7

Number 8

Number 9

Number 10

Number 11

Number 12

PM your votes to me by FEBRUARY 27.

How does voting work?

You vote for your three favorite entries, from first to third. These entries are given points based on the order in which you voted for them in. For example,

1st. Rambo

2nd. bonzai

3rd. Nyuura

In this case, Rambo would get 3 points, bonzai would get 2, and Nyuura would get 1 (although Nyuura gets three most of the time).

If your unfamiliar with the FAC, here is some interesting reading material.

FAQ

What is the Fan Art Competition?

The Fan Art Competition is a monthly event where artists create some form of art based on a certain theme.

What is the theme?

The theme is decided by the winner of the previous months competition (most of the time) and must be video game related.

Who can submit art?

Anyone.

What are my restrictions?

You are allowed to submit one entry, but other than that there are no restrictions. There are no size, quality, image size restrictions.

Who decides the winner?

The OCR community. Anyone who wants to vote, can vote.

How does voting work?

You vote for your three favorite entries, from first to third. These entries are given points based on the order in which you voted for them in. For example,

1st. Rambo

2nd. bonzai

3rd. Nyuura

In this case, Rambo would get 3 points, bonzai would get 2, and Nyuura would get 1 (although Nyuura gets three most of the time).

When and how do we see the results?

After the voting period is over, I'll announce the winner and show the tallied scores for all entries.

If I enter the contest can I vote?

Yes, and voting for yourself is allowed if you really want to.

Rules and Regulations!

1) Any art submitted must be based off of the months theme.

2) No nudity.

3) Your entry must be created within the month. It cannot have been something you've created in the past or partially finished prior to the announcement of the theme.

4) All entries must be 100% your work. Simply altering something created by someone else may be cool, but is not allowed as an entry.

DEADLINE!

PM me all entries by FEBRUARY 22nd!

Support this competition by wearing one of these fancy sig things, or make one of your own -

fan2sd1.png

fan1zs2.png

fan0hu1.png

So the theme is "chicks who are badass in some way", right??

Could this include:

- Curly Brace from Cave Story? (Disqualified for being a robot?)

- Fully suited Samus? (Disqualified for being badass in EVERY way?)

- any female fighting game character ever?

Hope we get a lot of entries this time (and we're still waiting to see the Christmas entries too, right?) Good luck not getting banned!

Can you make the last day for entries the 22nd and post em on the 23rd, so i get a lovely birthday present from OCR? :razz:

(that means draw some serious sexiness plx)

the new theme is now "FEMME FATALES...for relyanCe's birthday"

So the theme is "chicks who are badass in some way", right??

Could this include:

ummmm, I always like to take a loose interpretation of the theme, but I suppose it's really up to Nyuura. MY ONLY REQUIREMENT IS THAT THEY ARE BADASS. WHICH IS HAWT.

(and we're still waiting to see the Christmas entries too, right?) Good luck not getting banned!

AND YES. If you did do a December Christmas Final Fantasy Extravaganza entry, please PM it to me! I'm sure we'd all love to see them. And hey, for all of you who missed the December competition, I definitely think that Tifa in that red bow would work just as well for this month.

Could this include:

Subject must meet these requirements:

1. Female (or feminine-looking so that if we're talking robots, they only need to LOOK like they have female bits)

2. Badass, but does not necessarily HAVE to be "sexy"

So, yes, to Curly Brace if you think she is badass. Yes to any female fighting game character because they are most likely badass.

A fully-suited Samus (helmet and all) would be a bit on the iffy side. There are very few implications of femininity in the armor design, but taking off the helmet, it lets people think, "That is one badass babe."

Samus_Aran_by_transfuse.jpg

You know, there was a boss battle theme from Parasite Eve called Femme Fatales. Just putting that out there... not implying that anyone draw Parasite Eve or anything...

There's also a battle from ssbm called the same thing. In an event match, you fought a giant samus, zelda, and peach on Fountain of Dreams. Samus is the only one in the bunch I would consider a femme fatale.

And Zelda is Sheik.

I think a lot of this can be up to interpretation for some of the ladies. ^^ I can definitely see Zelda and Peach being "Femme Fatales" if you take some aspects into consideration. Someone like Samus is probably more so a femme fatale, but it doesn't mean there can't be differing levels of femme fatality.. or something.

I actually considered drawing Zelda for this contest, but honestly I just don't have much of a personal interest in her. I'd have possibly gone with Samus if I hadn't already drawn her before. Don't feel inclined to do so again.

Fire Emblem could be a good place to look for some, if you like your femme fatales to wield swords. XD Maybe Suikoden as well? I heard those games have lots of characters...

Peach is ditsy, damsel-in-distress-ish, and helpless in the Mario titles.
Peach has the Frying Pan weapon from Super Mario RPG. And Psych Bomb. Which drops a shitload of bombs on people.

The damsel in distress act is just because she's lazy.

Thanks Ferret for taking the words RIGHT out of my mouth :razz:

Yesss, I am also prepared for some bending of the rules. But considering the possibilities of this month's theme, I'll be very flexible (also, I AM the person who submitted a very glowy very possibly nude Esper Terra pic previously).

I've heard some awesome ideas for entries so far and I AM JEALOUS THEY ARE NOT MY IDEAS.

IN CONCLUSION, I've only gotten one Final Fantasy Christmas entry so far. I'm wondering if anyone else had entries they wanted to send meeee.

bump bu-bump bump bump