PRC139 - Back to Castlevania (Castlevania Portrait of Ruins)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 139

PRCv6-09

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

PRC138 is done, with 10 songs (one Bonus from Thu) it was the best round from this season till now. OneUp took the victory in a round where his brother Thu selected the source, he keeps the victory in the family. Thu can try it again this time, but it's gonna be hard for him. The source of the round was Journey to Silius, Stage 3. Showroom Dummy and ReSeT ended only a few points behind OneUp and several other users did an awesome song as well.

OneUp decided to pick a source from one of the most popular series, but the game isn't that well-known (not even one single OC-Remix). Not NES or SNES this time, we're gonna do an DS game.

PRC139-castlevania-portrait-of-ruin_.jpg

Castlevania Portrait of Ruins (N.DS) - Crucifix Held Close

MIDI

MP3

ThaSauce link

Of course I know Castlevania very well, but I never played a single DS game. OneUp (and probably Thu too) didn't play the game, but the music seems to be as awesome as in all Castlevania games. After PRC12, PRC40 and PRC110 it's gonna be the fourth PRC with Castlevania. Blak Omen, Emperor and Hylian Lemon are the winners of these rounds, who's next?

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY February 8th at 04:00 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left..
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part (however, he's free to submit a Bonus Mix) but his vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Here's the voting stage

After the extension, two songs appeared (1 bonus). With two others, it means three songs are able to win the round.

Participants are encouraged to vote (they receive a bonus first place) but they can't vote for themself. They only have to give their top 2. OneUp has a vote that counts twice, as winner from the last round. You can't vote on his bonus mix (well, you can, but it's not allowed).

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

You have until NEXT WEDNESDAY, February 11 at 9:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

Remember to not vote on OneUp's song.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC140!

The songs:

Eligibles

Evktalo - Passport Portrait

Thu - Croissant

Just64helpin - Double Cross

Ineligible

OneUp - Bam Bam BamBam

It's results time.

After the great PRC138, it's logical that we didn't have ten songs again. After the extension four mixes is a nice number. Still, it was a very close round.

Total number of mixes - 3 (+1 Bonus)

Total number of votes - 5

Highest possible score - 15

OneUp decided to send in a good Bonus Mix, of course it's not allowed to win the round.

Just64helpin did a nice piano mix, it was close, but the total of ten points brings him the last place wooden spoon, only one point away from victory.

And the winners of PRC139 are Thu and Evktalo with 11 points!

The three participating songs ended up very close, only one point difference and a double winner. The five voters seperated the points extremely. The family winning streak hasn't been broken, but Evktalo ends equal.

Thu, OneUp and everyone, including Evktalo, can try to win PRC140, with the sources which will be selected by Evktalo and Thu.

Evktalo and Thu, both send your source to me by PM before next Friday, 13 February at 11:59 am Eastern US Time for a double source PRC.

See you all next Friday.

Because taste is subjective... heh, I thank you for your opinion though. But really, you can't compete in music. Still, PRC and the likes are great, because you actually have a deadline, otherwise I just end up procrastinating everything.