OCR01804 - Super Metroid "The Galaxy Awaits"

djpretzel

Using the Item Acquisition theme as a the dramatic swell around 1:00 is freaking ridiculous. You've mixed the sources together like an art. The whole song is very good, but I'm just left stunned after the first minute, the weaving of the prologue into other themes in a way that hides the fact they're totally different fanfares.

A+ for arrangement.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*gasps*

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

It was too short :'(

But it feels so damn epic. Like the galaxy really does await, and you're about to start your journey/quest/road("space"?)trip through it. You actually sent shivers down my spine in the first minute: the act of simply playing this piece of music through my speakers made me somehow feel cosmically significant (well, then the piece ended lol). Nice.

Part of it reminds me of Avien's remix from the original Metroid OST (To Brinstar), probably somewhat due to the instrumentation and stuff (oh and let's not forget, the same/similar melody).

And I like the usage of that (bass, I suppose) drum at 1:14 - 1:20ish. I too really want to hear this live, and let it rattle my bones and senses into a state of shock.

Mewonders why I didn't notice this earlier... well, I did now, and I'm glad I did. I'll bet bLiNd sure did like this, and I'm sure many others do/will (er, funky grammatical construction).

This is excellent in almost every aspect, however, this piece so liberal that if you were to tell me it's an original piece, I would have believed you. Albeit, it's still an excellent compo and far beyond the skill level of many-a-composer here. Good work Nutritious, I look forward to hearing new stuff from you(but please make them a tad more conservative :D:D)

You really don't know the source music well. :lol: It's basically Metroid series music until 2:30 of a 3:25-long track. Just putting that out there, because this wasn't too liberal.

its ironic - I love the game and know every track, yet I can't really hear the melodies too well here. Man no wonder I have trouble composing lmao.

EDIT

After several listens, I've finally discerned the melodies :D sorry about that Nutricious. Disregard my mindless babbling :)

Very nice, a classy, well-composed piece. I really dug the fancy stringwork in the last quarter. It does have a very LotR-ish feel to it--Samus goes to Middle-Earth! (Just kidding. If anyone from Nintendo is reading this, I did not mean that as a suggestion for the next Metroid game to be some sort of hideous cross-license marketing ploy.)

I actually agree with Hoboka. This remix reminds me of the original music, but I can't really hear it in there (except the item room and acquisition fanfare in the beginning).

it's there...just well hidden - you need to hear it a lot of times >_<

I'd never want to compose like that myself though, because I'd like my listeners to hear the source nice and clearly. But this mix IS impressive regardless of any of our gripes :<

I actually agree with Hoboka. This remix reminds me of the original music, but I can't really hear it in there (except the item room and acquisition fanfare in the beginning).

What, you too? And I thought _I_ was source-deaf. Then again, this is one soundtrack I know real well, and I love what you've done with it, Nutri.

I really feel the scope of the remix, the word epic certainly describes it well. The name describes it well, too. The arrangement is pwnsome. It's all pwnsome.

The inverse? You mean you recognized all of the source tunes but the remix did not remind you of them? :|

Lol let me clarify: inverse what was in the parenthesis. On first listen, I didn't hear the item room and acquisition fanfare, but I knew i was supposed to hear them from the writeup and stuff... so i sort of heard them. kind of. But I heard the Brinstar (ok, I'm not too familiar with the super metroid OST, but it was Brinstar in Metroid) section at the end very clearly. I had to listen to it a couple times to really hear the fanfare and item room.

And in some ways, i guess, this piece doesn't remind me too much of the original. It's way more grandiose... and cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01804 - Super Metroid "The Galaxy Awaits"