Metal Slug

Mr Azar

What version is better? I'm considering buying this myself.

The Wii version has some rather odd control setups (no classic controller option, wiggling the controller to throw a grenade, etc.), and it's missing a few minor things in the game (boss flashes namely). The PS2 version has all the stuff from the original games, yet it has load times between scene changes (some less than a second, some about three seconds), and the controls possibly have a little lag (about 1/4 second on the first game, less on the ones that follow). The thing is, not everyone experiences this control lag, so that's an oddity. Oh, and the Wii has some load times as well, but it seems to be a lessened amount.

I have the PS2 version, and it's quite good... better than the Wii version overall. The load times are a shame, but they don't break the game. None of the home versions of MSA are perfect, but I think the PS2 one wins out. Skip the PSP version altogether, as its load times are horrendous.

Metal Slug is a punch in the face, and the fist is made of awesome.

Well said DarkeSword. We used to have one at the movie theater around here, now its at the Taco Palace Game room, which I don't have any interest to go to, they may have free internet and a game room, but there food sucks.:tomatoface:

Metal Slug helped form me into the individual that I am today. I remember first playing it at the skating rink exclaiming how magestically awesome it was. I also bought MS 4 and 5 for PS2 when they released that which was great and awesome fun.

Metal Slug is a kick to the balls, and the foot is made of glory. (couldn't resist)

Say, anyone play Metal Slug 7 for DS yet??