What old game would you most like to see revived?

Soul Splint

So here's the question:

If you could have the choice to pick any one game from the good ole days and see it get revamped for a modern-gen console, what would it be? We can all agree some games would not be able to pull it off.

For the sake of starting, I would propose this.

I'm sick of seeing these new Sonic titles that have very little to do with the roots of the series.

Imagine a classic 2-D sonic game released on a current-gen with incredible graphics, mindblowing speed, and music such as the Sonic remixes on OCR. Who wouldn't be interested? They might could even throw in multiple tracks in the foreground and background that you could switch in and out of.

I would absolutely LOVE to see a new installment of the Shining Force series. Shining Force 2 was a lot of fun to play IMO.

Also I believe a updated or simply new installation of Gunstar Heroes would also be a lot of fun to play. Gotta love the laugh from that one boss dude in the red.

Someone may have named a few, but anyway: if they can redo Mario 3 without ruining it, cool. Same with a lot of the Sonic classics, Castlevania, and Chrono Trigger. I could think of more, but I need to get back to my music. Edit: a Mario 64 revamp would be fantastic, or perhaps one of the Sonics, even if it's adventure. 2-player co-op on Adventure mode!? Almost as good as the female orgasm.

E.V.O: The Search for Eden

I dunno, I remember renting that game so much when I was a kid (and then my mom buying it on E-bay for me many years later, because apparently I REALLY liked the game more then even I remember).

Good game, haven't seen/played anything like it sense. (I really don't think Spore comes remotely close to counting, it could have, but it failed).

I want to see a new amped up version of Blast Corps. A modern sequel maybe. That game was awesome with astonishing replay and a fucking immaculate soundtrack.

I would also like to see a new and enhanced walk down the street beat'em up type game. Like Final Fight but modernized with super user friendly controls. Fighting Force did this somewhat well but it just wasn't dynamic enough for me. I did play through Fighting Force and Fighting Force 2, though.

Not to derail the thread but: Super Smash Bros. Brawl -- re-released without tripping.

Y'know I almost forgot I'd also love to have a new Ogre Battle, not so much based on the tactics Ogre series. The sky islands.. Prince Gares.. Prince Tristan... Damn, not I gotta replay it for the N'th time.

Additionally I don't feel Land Stalker had an appropriate successor. Alundra was 'okay' I guess, but didn't have the same feel - I miss Friday. Nigel's small part in Time Stalkers wasn't all that great either.

Mega Man.

Imagine if they restarted the story and made it consistent, hired decent voice actors for anime-style cutscenes, copied that kind of a style for pretty (but still 2D) graphics, and included all 62 (or 70) robot masters in an epic story.

A man can dream, no?

And yes, I know Mega Man Powered Up exists. But I wish it didn't.