What old game would you most like to see revived?

Soul Splint

Earthbound after seeing Ness and his world being fully animated in smash bros melee and brawl, the idea of a fully 3d update would be awesome.

and

Pokemon. a true, 3rd person adventure game with you walking through chest-high weeds and wild pokemon attacking you. with the pokemon attacks and fights being more real-time.

I think a GTA style with tweaks to gameplay to adhere to the Pokemon Universe. where you start out in your town explore place to place. Caves, roads, gym leaders, boats, blimps, whatever. freedom to go and do anything.

I'd like to see a re-envisioning of the Mana series that doesn't suck. I was compeltely disappointed with Children of Mana for DS :(

This. Really, the only Mana game I was strongly enthralled with was Secret of Mana. SD3 didn't do it for me at all, to be honest. Similar gameplay, but it felt significantly slowed down and was less exciting for it. I didn't like the interface as much either; the lack of an attack percentage really messed with me because I was very bad at seeing the visual cues for when my character was ready to melee again.

I would love to see a modern version of Secret of Mana that keeps its fast paced nature intact with a bright and bold scheme similar to that. Oh, and though some may disagree with me on this? Give the series a more defined sense of humor, for Yggdrasil's sake! Cut down on the overly maudlin stuff; it makes what tragedy IS there more impactful.

U.N Squadron. I loved that game, I still play it often...

And more importantly, this. I freakin' love this game. I'd love to see it updated with more planes, stages, and weapons. It had a great health system as far as shmups went and was a blast to play.

As old as you want. I don't think anything from the Playstation/Nintendo 64 generation and higher would qualify as old enough, though. Maybe if they were released soon after the system...

Really? I feel like PS1-era games could benefit most from a remake though. I'd HAVE to go with Xenogears. It's already 3D but it looks like a booty when compared to stuff these days. On top of that it's not even really complete. Xenosaga, as great as it is, just isn't the same.

If I wanted to go all the way back to SNES I'd like to see Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger remade.

I know that's what everybody says, so how about one that hasn't been mentioned yet: Pilotwings. I had a lot of fun with that one.

A while back I would've said Bangai-O but THAT ALREADY HAPPENED!

However I'd love to see:

Mischief Makers - Because I recently watched the Tool-Assisted Speedrun of it.. Love you for being awesome about this btw Bleck.

Baten Kaitos - not old per say but damn good and deserves more!

R-Type - Ohwait, THAT ALSO ALREADY HAPPENED! If you didn't know about it you don't deserve to :3

Bishi Bashi - Wario Ware can suck it, this is where it's at. Youtube it.

Jade Cocoon (!) - Obviously the best game ever made.

Vib Ribbon - We never got the sequels (and you US guys didn't get any game) but this is pure awesome and would work well with the harddrive generation.

Kula World - The PSN release was a start but the concept has more potential than that.

Um Jammer Lammy - to finally show that Guitar Hero sucks and that Masaya Matsuura is the man

Devil Dice - Because it is the best 3D puzzler concept ever made. If you argue you're stupid and you smell bad. Also, you obviously haven't played the game :<

Vib Ribbon - We never got the sequels (and you US guys didn't get any game) but this is pure awesome and would work well with the harddrive generation.

Devil Dice - Because it is the best 3D puzzler concept ever made. If you argue you're stupid and you smell bad. Also, you obviously haven't played the game :<

Devil Dice..?

Vib Ribbon...?

edit:

I'm guessing this is the sequel to Vib Ribbon..?

U.N Squadron. I loved that game, I still play it often...

OMG you are my favorite. UN Squadron FTW

Actually I don't think UN Squadron would be fit for a remake. Its just a simple shmup. Still I have much love for old Squadski.

Personally, I'd like to see Surround (also known as Tron Light Cycles) to be redone with the option to play in classic top-down mode or in the cockpit.

and Driver (the original one on PS1). It was so simple and so good. The sequels all suck (ESPECIALLY Parallel Lines and Driver '76 because they removed the Film Editor, my favorite feature) The option to get out of the car just kills the whole game. And the tweaks to the phyiscs just make the game annoying. Give me a new Driver with the same physics and some sick graphics.

Devil Dice..?

Vib Ribbon...?

edit:

I'm guessing this is the sequel to Vib Ribbon..?

All true. Devil Dice did get a small ressurection by capcom on PS2 with Bombastic (that rocks btw) but it's not enough! In the age of DLC this game is perfect for XBLA/PSN release or a handheld game.

And yes that is ONE of the sequels to Vib Ribbon. Mojib Ribbon and Vib Ripple is the name of those two. PS2 games both of them and we badly need these. For serious!

I would like to see the original Donkey Kong Country revamped with new levels, new bonus stages, new graphics but same gameplay and sidescrollingness :D

Uber shiney, atmospheric stages and remixed music for an even better experience.

And they'd hook up OCR to do the soundtrack. Awesome.

However since Rare is part of M$ and Nintendo owns the Donkey Kong Coutry franchise it would never be as good :'(

..except ofc if M$ somehow acquires the DKC license >:)

And they'd hook up OCR to do the soundtrack. Awesome.

However since Rare is part of M$ and Nintendo owns the Donkey Kong Coutry franchise it would never be as good :'(

..except ofc if M$ somehow acquires the DKC license >:)

Right on.

As long as DKC2 didn't get left out. There are already enough remixes on this site for both games to make two complete soundtracks.

this isn't a really old game, but i'd love to see freelancer updated with hd visuals and a true widescreen view. possibly the best balanced combination of gameplay and economics that i've ever managed to find in a space shooter. x3 was good, but it was too complex - freelancer was way easier to get into.

i know it came out in 2004, but still =)

Tecmo Super Bowl

Kid Icarus

Super Mario Bros. 2 (someone said Mario 3 if they don't screw it up - I have the same sentiment)

Oh shit I almost forgot:

1942!

EDIT: Vagrant Story needs a sequel too. It's 9 years old now...

EDIT2: I guess that means Einhander also.

For my $0.02, there are three ways to revive a game/series:

The MM9 route: Release a completely new game in the series with old school graphics/sounds/feel/etc. as Capcom did with the original Mega Man series.

The HDR route: Update a classic game and tweak everything until perfection as Capcom did with SSFIIHDR.

The Punch-Out!! route: Take what makes a game good and what fans love about the game and rebuild from the ground up with those in mind as Nintendo did with Punch-Out!! and Capcom did with Street Fighter IV.

That said, I would be highly interested if Nintendo made a Super Mario Bros. 4 and a LoZ:OoTHDR (possibly w/ TP graphics) and if Sega released a Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Tecmo Super Bowl

Also they did revive Tecmo Super Bowl recently.