What old game would you most like to see revived?

Soul Splint

A lot of great mentions. You guys got pretty good taste, and sadly I'm sure 95% of these titles would be butchered if re-made today.

I just wish Sega would give us some arcade perfect versions of Daytona 1 and especially 2, and Super Scud.

I wish somebody would revive Sega back into it's pre end of Dreamcast/Arcade glory days.

Also, SNK should dust off Crystalis and Ikari Warriors, Konami should redo Jackal. If only Capcom could make a good Final Fight again, and Technos was reborn.

I'd quite like to see Zelda4 or 3 in the same style as Zelda5 or TP...

Otherwise, System Shock 2. Just touch up the graphics, maybe use the source engine. And if you say "Bioshock" I will ban you.

Wait, I'm not a mod in this forum...

I know there was another few I was thinking of recently...

Transport tycoon would be cool in 3D, I think.

Duke Nukem 3D in "actual 3D" would be too.

Only one game I'd like to see revived. Descent.

And possibly Descent: Freespace.

Wow I totally forgot about this game, I remember playing this on our first computer. They could do some sweet stuff with this.

Also .

TMNT. Turtles in Time oh how I loved that game, Actually we just need a revival of beat-em-ups.

Oh definitely Descent. D3 had some of the better mechanics and weapons, and having three ships to choose from was great.

With current technology, I think that you could make one hell of a Descent game now. It would be insane.

EDIT: Oooh, it seems that I missed some news from late last year!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_4

http://www.descent4.org/

It looks like there is something going on with the Descent series after all! Time to dig out the old flightstick and throttle.

- The Return of Samus, kinda what DoctorM64 is doing with his AM2R, but I'd like to see it official from Nintendo.

- Final Fight 1,2 and 3

- MegaMan X2 and X3

- Super Metroid. Just to improve the graphics, like 2D/3D ala SSB:Brawl.

Keeping the dark mood of SM though, I would not like to see SM become ZM

Super Metroid doesn't need improved graphics. If you want it to look better just play it in an emulator with all the fancy effects on. I wouldn't say no to an improved version, I just think it's good enough as it is.

Meh. You can say whatever game you want to, obviously, I just think you're wrong. :) I don't see how that same atmosphere could be recreated in 3D. Just make sure whoever does the remake wasn't in the Metroid Prime team.

All the mentions of Ocarina of Time are making me rage.

It would just be the same (mediocre) game, but prettier and refined. That, and OoT was not that special, ffs.

I like the suggestions of the old 2D classics being re-made. There would be a vast improvement. The only thing, now there seems to be so much effort put forth towards a half-assed story these days. The 8 and 16 bit consoles pretty much just threw you into the game. You know you had to move forward and destroy shit, and it was great. If a remake were to happen, I would want that feeling to be preserved.

One of the most rewarding aspect of remakes, to me, is actually the enhanced BGM. Music really brings games together for me. My favorite levels are often those with my favorite tunes. So with all of that in mind, I concur with the Sonic, Zelda 1-4, and GBC Pokémon suggestions (Reorchestrated Mount Silver, do fucking want).

Super Metroid doesn't need improved graphics. If you want it to look better just play it in an emulator with all the fancy effects on. I wouldn't say no to an improved version, I just think it's good enough as it is.

Meh. You can say whatever game you want to, obviously, I just think you're wrong. :) I don't see how that same atmosphere could be recreated in 3D. Just make sure whoever does the remake wasn't in the Metroid Prime team.

I actually felt more immersed while playing in 3D. Granted, I've only played Prime 1 and 2. Prime 1 pretty much threw your ass into the game and you knew you had to go forward and kill shit. It was neat, and it was proof that the concept still works. There really would have to be minimal storyline if a Super Metroid remake were to happen, so the same feeling of solitude would remain.

Also, if you like atmosphere, part of that lies on you. You need to invest in the big TV and surround sound speakers if it's really important. I know that's not practical for the original Super Metroid (although playing it really loud sounds like a good time to me), but for a high-def game, it would definitely enhance the experience. Super Metroid could become exponentially more atmospheric and immersive with the stuff we have now.

Well then, maybe they could just remake it in HD kinda like what they did with Street Fighter II HD Remix, Nintendo could re-orchestrate the music and HD the graphics. Doesnt have to be 3D.

I think that would be amazing.

I call upon Pokemon Silver or Golden Sun. Pokemon Silver is one of my most played games of all time, and I would love to see it "modernized". Golden Sun, despite being not too old, would look great, play great, and I might just die if the they orchestrated the soundtrack. *joygasm*.

I would have said "Super Street Fighter II Turbo", but they kinda already beat me to that one.