What old game would you most like to see revived?

Soul Splint

No one game, but here are a few wishes.

I would like to see a downloadable Fantasy Zone game with a ton of levels and an RPG-style upgrading system.

I would like to see a 3D console Mario game based off of Super Mario Bros. 2.

I would LOVE a new Double Dragon game (not handheld, but on a console - the real deal)

I would also like to see another Blaster Master game, but then all of these ideas are empty wishes.

All in all, I would like to see more games that harken back to the games of the eighties and early nineties. Passionate, cheerful, yet tough as hell and very hardcore. I'm really interested in this particular game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veWCYceVwVU

Oh, I would also like a new StarTropics game with lots of rad motion controls! Sling that yoyo! By the way, I have to agree with most of the games you people mention on here. It seems that almost all of them would be great for revival. Also, whoever said a new 2D Double Dragon with 3D graphics is right on the money.

Shaq-Fu!!

J/K Anyone else ever play that game? It was truly sad...

No but for real (RARE, hear my prayer!!!) Killer Instinct is WAYYY overdue.

I wanna hear some ULTRA...ULTRA...ULTRA on a new console!

Played both of them. Shaq-Fu has a special spot on the wall of shame.

Killer Instinct on the other hand was awesomely addictive.

Earthbound after seeing Ness and his world being fully animated in smash bros melee and brawl, the idea of a fully 3d update would be awesome.

and

Pokemon. a true, 3rd person adventure game with you walking through chest-high weeds and wild pokemon attacking you. with the pokemon attacks and fights being more real-time.

I think a GTA style with tweaks to gameplay to adhere to the Pokemon Universe. where you start out in your town explore place to place. Caves, roads, gym leaders, boats, blimps, whatever. freedom to go and do anything.

Okay, I don't like pokemon. That said, I still think this is a great idea!

That said, I would be highly interested if Nintendo made a Super Mario Bros. 4...

What do you call New Super Mario Bros.?

All the mentions of Ocarina of Time are making me rage.

It would just be the same (mediocre) game, but prettier and refined. That, and OoT was not that special, ffs.

People like you make me rage. It's in the elite section of videogame masterpieces, and neither you nor anyone else can say otherwise (opinions be damned to hell).

This

Bubble Bobble, of course.

This

I want Power Stone 3.

This

Megaman Legends.

This

But i'd rather have more Berserk games...

Would be cool to see the PS2 version here.

And I'd like to see a new, really good Way of The Samurai game myself, as well as ZOE 3 and maybe a new Robot Alchemic Drive (otherwise known as RAD) game.

Pokemon. a true, 3rd person adventure game with you walking through chest-high weeds and wild pokemon attacking you. with the pokemon attacks and fights being more real-time.

I think a GTA style with tweaks to gameplay to adhere to the Pokemon Universe. where you start out in your town explore place to place. Caves, roads, gym leaders, boats, blimps, whatever. freedom to go and do anything.

I have no idea why people constantly insist that a distinctive game be redesigned to make it more like a completely different game, and think it's the best idea ever. Not to mention the whole "change the game!" "OK, we changed it!" "omfg, why did you change it? this sucks ass! I hate you!" mentality that fans have.

Pokémon is a traditional top-down RPG. That's part of the charm, it not being one of the many flashy, graphics orgasm that populate (or should I say, pollute) the genre these days. There are reasons why GameFreak can get away with using graphics that aren't top-of-the-line; it's called game play.

I'd also like to point out that the previous attempts at 3D Pokémon games, Colosseum and Gale of Darkness for the GameCube, were not critically well received.

If you're really looking for a change to the overall game, I would suggest checking out the Ranger series. It's more in line with what you described, but not entirely.

I have no idea why people constantly insist that a distinctive game be redesigned to make it more like a completely different game, and think it's the best idea ever. Not to mention the whole "change the game!" "OK, we changed it!" "omfg, why did you change it? this sucks ass! I hate you!" mentality that fans have.

This right here. This whole thread sort of confuses me because of this, actually. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, there are two ways to go about "reviving" a game -- do the exact same game with newer, shinier graphics (SSFIITHDR style) or do an entire new game in the exact style as older titles, shitty graphics and quarter-eating difficulty levels intact (MM9 style).

Most people in this thread have basically just been saying "I wish [game] had a sequel", which is something else entirely.

According to the OP, this thread is about neither sequels nor retro-style remakes, but about remaking games in a fresh new way.

Not that I want to sit on my throne and hand down life lessons to you guys or anything.

Yeah, but this isn't PPR. You guys can relax and live alittle out here.

Not that I'm saying I've never crashed the party. Just....Chill some.

I want an Earthbound MMO.

That would be kinda interesting. On that, I would actually be giddy-as-all-get-up for a Pokemon MMO. Seriously though, remaking the game where your guild hall was a pokemon gym and you actually need to FPS aim the pokeball to catch the little bastards?

Though a bit on topic. I'd also like to see a Primal Rage revival. Anyone remember that game?

What do you call New Super Mario Bros.?

New Super Mario Bros. was an attempt at a Super Mario Bros. 4.

All I'm saying is that I'd think it'd be cool if Nintendo pulled a Capcom and went extremely retro with Super Mario Bros. 4 i.e. NES sounds, NES graphics, NES gameplay, and so on

Oh, and on a similar tangent, I think that Nintendo should tack on Star Fox 2 to the end of the original Star Fox (for a "two games in one" deal), give them Star Fox 64 gameplay, and give them Star Fox Assault's graphics/sound/etc. i.e. totally revamp/remix the original two Star Foxes

Edit:

According to the OP, this thread is about neither sequels nor retro-style remakes, but about remaking games in a fresh new way.

>.>

oops...