OCR01057 - *YES* Pilotwings 64 'Midnight Altitude'

djpretzel

I was thinking of direct posting this... well, I wanted to see what you guys thought first. Different from our other jazz mixes, more of a blues feel -djp

Hello-

I am hereby submitting a prospective ReMix to your fine site. I did "Ultramarine" (from Bionic Commando) a while back, which drew some fire for its muddy, over-reberbed mixing. This time I've tried to keep things a bit cleaner, hopefully the results will please.

Thanks in advance for the committees time and feedback- I learned a lot from your responses to my previous entry.

-jcd

beautiful. yeah, i wouldnt call this jazz, i'd call it kind of soul-blues.

this reminded me of how sweet the pilotwings soundtracks is. i might have to do something pilotwings now.

some issues, the organ comping is rythmically simple, and i dont like how every instrument has the same delay. hrm....now that it's over...i think this mix could have been a lot more than it is. oh well...it's certainly nice to listen to, if not completely realized.

maybe i'll just have to satisfy my imagination sometime in the future by doing my own remix of the track.

YES

id like to hear the mixer get rid of the clipping

Hey, nice to hear our feedback taken to good effect.

Smooth soul mixage. I'd call this purposely down-tempo before calling it minimal. Delay and reverb are spot-on, eliciting a sort of cerulean feel. Great shufflebeat percussion, awesome flute. Recording isn't perfect; a couple pops, pipe organ is distorted at times due to compression, but the total arrangement definitely makes up for it.

Sounds like something I'd hear at an upscale NYC coffee shop on a rainy day.

YES

Releasing a mix as finished when it has pops and clicks in the recording is really *really* bad. Don't do that.

I'm tempted to give this a no based on the flawed recording alone as it's such a basic thing, but given that the arrangement is well done and unique for this community, and that the pops are mostly absent during the real meat of the mix, I'll go ahead and pass this one.

But seriously guys, pops in a recording is a *serious* flaw. It's easy to hear and easy (though sometimes time consuming) to fix- don't get lazy on us.

YES