OCR NorCal Meetup!

bustatunez

So here's the deal, you guys seem in favor of bbq and not so much walking around. FYI the generic aimlessly-tour-SF thing wasn't part of the plan anyway, that was another option that got veto'd in favor of going on Friday and getting to see ILM / etc.

- The "walking tour" of the Presidio area really was my way of dressing up the fact that we'd have to do quite a bit of walking anyway to go from one bus to the other :-)

- We don't have to do lunch at lucasfilm if you wanna just start the bbq early

- We don't have to do the Marina District at all

- We can even skip the Lucasarts bit altogether if the consensus is that you just wanna chill at the beach grilling the whole time. My apt is very close by (much closer than you're probably imagining).

- "Bleeding" into Saturday is totally fine too, and in fact I have a very large living room and a sofa. No carpeting and only two extra blankets (one's a sleeping bag), but, just throwing it out there.

- PLEASE reply to this post suggesting exactly what you want / need me to get for a BBQ, I really wanna make sure you guys are happy with whatever so feel free to suggest anything - especially if you have dietary restrictions, etc.

Looks like Arek and I are in.

Food is whatev, burgers and hotschlongs, chips whatev.

I hope you're not planning on paying for it all by yourself, I'm going to chip in.

I'm also in, but I'm not going to be able to stay for the whole thing. I'm coming down with a small group of my friends, and we'll be down for lucasarts/lunch, but probably wander off to do our own thing afterwards. Kind of the price of transportation if you will. Anyways, can't wait to actually get down there, I'm looking forward to it.

I'm also in, but I'm not going to be able to stay for the whole thing. I'm coming down with a small group of my friends, and we'll be down for lucasarts/lunch, but probably wander off to do our own thing afterwards. Kind of the price of transportation if you will. Anyways, can't wait to actually get down there, I'm looking forward to it.

iunno, maybe it's just me but you coming down is cool but inviting your friends to come along on a tour at a place of work for someone they they don't even know seems kind of odd to me. i thought the whole point of this was an ocr meetup

iunno

iunno, maybe it's just me but you coming down is cool but inviting your friends to come along on a tour at a place of work for someone they they don't even know seems kind of odd to me. i thought the whole point of this was an ocr meetup

iunno

I don't know. It's just the way things worked out. I figured on maybe just stopping by to say hey. I'm still working out the exact details, but the gist is that we won't be group-crashing the meetup proper. Next time it'll just be me and there won't be all these weird issues.

I don't know. It's just the way things worked out. I figured on maybe just stopping by to say hey. I'm still working out the exact details, but the gist is that we won't be group-crashing the meetup proper. Next time it'll just be me and there won't be all these weird issues.

Did you actually ever tell busta that personally?

I hope you didn't just assume that he would be okay with it.

Also, you have my name and number so I am good to go.

32 bucks though? Dude...thats hefty. Any alternatives?

Did you actually ever tell busta that personally?

I hope you didn't just assume that he would be okay with it.

No, I just decided to bring a gang of people on a whim so we can terrorize the meetup with no prior warning just to personally bother you.

/sarcasm

Seriously, it's not that big a deal and he already said as much. I let him know that I didn't have plans to stick around all day anyways. My plans changed and I've had to adjust them accordingly.

No worries about Darklink Arek, we'll figure something out. At the moment I'll only include his name on the list, his friends can still come to the non-private areas of the Lucas campus.

I have contact info from the following:

Arek & Nekofrog

Yosho & Upthorn

Globaltrance

Battousai

Darklink42

Slygen

Starla & Justin [not attending tour]

Revelation Orange [not attending tour]

This is a heavy list already (as far as Lucas tour goes), I'm gonna see if I can start registering names right now just in case I need to pull extra strings/favors tomorrow.

PARKING SOLUTION

Yes, $32/day is ridiculous. Two possibilities:

1) We meet up at Embarcadero, park briefly and otherwise check in with me, and then caravan it to the Lucas campus. I can get you free parking nearby.

2) OR, since we now have a solid list, we can entertain the idea of meeting right at that aforementioned parking lot and bypass Embarcadero altogether. That would actually be much more convenient for me, esp. now that there's not much point in Embarcadero besides public transit convenience. So far Arek, Yosho, Upthorn, and Neko have confirmed this is fine for them - GlobalTrance, Darklink42, Slygen and Battousai can you please confirm this in a PM or a reply ASAP?

There will be no lunch @ Lucas b/c the size is so much bigger than I'd anticipated. But there are shops nearby if you wanna grab something quick, and plus we'll have to go there anyway to get BBQ supplies after the tour.

For those of you joining us at the beach, we should be over there by 2pm. You can park near my apartment at Lincoln & Stillwell.

Arek and Nekofrog have explained to me that they'll need to stay overnight at my place, please tell me right away if anyone else absolutely needs to as well.